1,424 results
All reviews tasting room brabo restaurant terrace suite claw foot tub king street old town alexandria rain shower wine hour bathroom door complimentary wine mini bar dc area happy hour valet parking shops and restaurants front desk staff few blocks
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I visited the hotel on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are very clean and the accommodations are good as well. There is a nice on site restaurant and plenty others to walk to. King Street station is within a few blocks. The only complaint is parking is terrible to I recommend valet.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We spent a few days here so we could visit Washington DC yet not be in the city. Just a short walk to the Metro and easy access to DC within 25 minutes or so. Very comfortable room with good facilities. The Tasting Room was conveniently located for breakfast. Good simple food. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a city break with a difference. Nice boutique shops on King Street and don’t forget to board the (free) trolley to take you to the Waterfront.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I have stayed a couple of nights in this hotel and it was my first experience at kimpton hotels although I am a regular customer of holiday in brands.
The hotel is well located on King street. This means that you need 5 minutes to get to the metro and you have a free public shuttle to get to the wharf.
The hotel is really nice and cleaned. The room was really quiet and nice on the fifth floor with a wonderful bathroom and walk in shower.
The aircon is efficient but way too noisy for this class of hotel.
The room is relatively small although it did not bother me.
There is a mini fridge but you cannot use it as it is pre filled with paid drinks.
There is no microwave no brewing coffee/tea machines.
I did not see any business center neither.
Free coffee/tea is only available in the lobby before 10.00am during week days.
The hotel accepts pets and you will see lots of customers with animals but truly they were all quiet.
I was not really happy about the front desk employees. They do the job right but it is so hard to get a smile on their face.
On my arrival they did not explain to me the hotel facilities
Be aware that if you are a Holiday Inn member, you shall get benefits which they did not mention to me.
You will find plenty of restaurants around at walking distance. The hotel has two restaurants with high price tag.
Good hotel overall but overpriced. If I come back, I will try the Indigo hotel on the potomac river which belongs to the same group.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The hotel is ideally located on King Street -- quick walk to the metro, and an easy stroll down King Street towards the water. The hotel has great amenities as well -- a hosted daily happy hour, 2 fun bars, and one great restaurant. The decor is very modern, but once you step out its door, you're in historic Old Town.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Summer J
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I made an impromptu trip to DC for a weekend getaway. We booked this hotel based on personal reviews from friends. So glad we did! The hotel is located in the center of King Street and is just a free trolly ride away from shopping, restaurants, the metro and a cute farmers market on Saturday mornings. We arrived late on a Thursday evening. We were greeted by a very nice young lady who gave us our room keys and sent us on our way. The room was gorgeous and modern. And not to cramped for a hotel room. We had a gorgeous view of a little courtyard. After dinner and shopping, we returned to a comfortable bed with a variety of pillows to suit your preference. Next day it was raining and so we went to the front desk to ask to get our umbrellas out of our vehicle that was in valet. The desk clerk said ‘no problem’ and walked us downstairs to our vehicle to retrieve them. The hotel also offers two restaurants. One is more of a bistro and one full service one. The metro station is just a couple blocks left of the hotel and shopping and restaurants are towards the river. The free trolley makes a stop outside the hotel and comes pretty frequently. Would we stay here again? Probably. But as we were walking to the metro Friday morning we stopped at the Hilton to get Starbucks and also saw that it was just as nice and later found out on trip advisor that it is much cheaper with free/cheaper parking (as opposed to the $34 a day we paid for valet here). Also, every day between 5-6 PM (I think that’s the time) they have a wine hour. And in the mornings they offer coffee and tea by the front door as you exit to enjoy your day.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple