All reviews monday to thursday free parking waffles full kitchen outdoor pool great place to stay hot tub dc area shuttle service living room metro station evening reception family vacation every half hour would definitely stay here again excellent stay four nights
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I have never left a review on TripAdvisor before, but I wanted to share with you how amazing the staff were at this hotel. I was coming to Washington with my family to run the Washington DC Half Marathon. I also was arriving quite late and had a package delivered by UPS the day before arrival. The staff on the phone were amazing. They made sure my room was ready with a cot already setup in it. They arranged for my UPS package to be waiting in my room. They had a bag ready for me with a banana, apple, cheerios and a danish for race day. They wished me luck on the race. They checked in with me after the race. The manager even emailed me to make sure every thing was ok. They made sure our room was as close to our friends as possible and made sure that while I was running with our friends that my wife who was looking after 5 kids for a few hours in a hotel was well taken care of. The best customer service I have ever received when staying in a hotel. On top of that the hotel was clean - even the hot tub which I normally don't like in hotels. Breakfast was great for a free breakfast. I will 100% stay at this hotel once again when I'm back in the D.C. area! Thank you to all the amazing staff who made our stay great!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had a fantastic visit to this historically rich city! The people were amazingly friendly and the Sheraton hospitality could not be matched!! Every request was readily taken care of and the buffet wonderful!
Thank-you Alexandria for a most unforgettable time!!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2017

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Alexandria when we had a short trip to catch a play in Washington DC and tour Ford's Theater at end of January. Check in was without issue and the the front desk person was very accommodating and friendly as it was our first time in this region. Parking was a bit tight as we could barely find room in the parking lot. Later we found out that the Hampton Inn next door was owned by the same corporation and we could park their as well if need be. Our King suite was very nicely apportioned with Kitchenette, small table, microwave, mini-fridge.All rooms were clean but strangely we found the hallways a bit messy in places. Breakfast was OK but very crowded breakfast area and selection of hot food was less than what I would have experienced at a Hampton Inn. Check out was quick and uneventful. Staff in general were very accommodating and friendly. We would not hesitate to stay here again and its a wonderful value being so close to DC as well as being in Alexandria VA. On a side note, you will need to travel to find a restaurant as there aren't any in the neighborhood.This works out as Historic Downtown Alexandria is the place to go visit.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2017

I have stayed here my last two trips to the Alexandria VA area. Love the location and access to the city.

Only negative is if you don't stock the kitchen, you pretty much need to drive somewhere to find a place to eat. I tend to stop in Springfield area and grocery shop on my way in. There is a Super Target just down the street so if you need something closer.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Walk in to an amazing lounge area. There is a pool table and a great breakfast area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The fireplace suite is very spacious. Rooms are clean and I enjoyed the set up with the beds in a separate. the only thing I wish the rooms have are balcony's.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends