Lowest prices for your stay
Courtyard
US$188
US$177
US$175
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$177
PricelineUS$175
TravelocityUS$177
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2019

First off I wanna say that this trip was a baby mom trip to relax before our baby comes and it was definitely not relaxing. The beds are extremely uncomfortable. Being pregnant I already cant sleep but these beds made It impossible to sleep. On top of that we found ants on us in the middle of the night and on the tables. We didnt even have food. If we did eat food we made sure to put it in trash bags and close it tight. The next morning when going to have it taken by the cleaning people there was tons of ants inside the bag. When I woke up and told frotn desk in the night. The guy did not seem the believe us and did nothing to help us. No room change nothing. At least a room change or a discount on the hotel. I dont expect hand outs or free things but I have never EVER stayed in the place that didnt offer anything for a inconvience and those other things they did out of being nice. This guy seemed to brush it off. The only nice thing about this hotel is how close it is to the metro. We paid a lot fo stay here and I still havent heard anything from the hotel on anything.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
SamridhiD_Sharma, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2019

Good Day bryannah1019,

I am sorry for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us. This is out of our characteristic and the standard we hold. I can understand the sentiments of your trip and would like to make it up. If you may please reach out to the property and ask to speak with the Assistant General Manager at 703 329 2323. I want to be sure and make it right for you.

Reviewed 19 October 2019

This was the worst Marriott I have ever stayed in. The lock on our door malfunctioned several times. There were ants in our room and the outlets next to the bed were broken. The fitness center was a pitiful mess of broken equipment and missing weights. A discussion with management provided little consolation that these issues would be remedied. For women traveling alone ..this hotel did not feel safe and I would not recommend it.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2019

I stayed here for a week during a conference in DC. The staff was friendly, the room was well appointed with a comfortable bed, and the noise level was fine. The location is only 5 minutes away from the river (10 minutes drive from the National Harbor center, and fairly close to central DC. A few negatives are the shower (too small - was plenty of room in the bathroom to enlarge it), the onsite bistro food was "meh" tasting and quite pricey, and there was no complimentary coffee to be found. I may stay again just because of the location, but I'll check around first.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dwight K
Reviewed 4 October 2019

Stayed here on Saturday , 08/24/19 for 1 night before heading down to Busch Gardens. Female front desk agent named Tsedau checked me in. Requested for higher floor and quiet room and was told the hotel was 90 something full . She was friendly and did tried hard. However, I still got room 222 on second floor on top of the driveway of the hotel ( Not too quiet ). We were rushed to check out Old Town Alexandria and don't want to waste time to change. Coming back in the evening around 9 something and that was not much parking spaces available ( spent 10 mins looking ). I should stay at the westin ( 5 mins away ) only if i knew parking was not an issue on saturday night on the street. Overall, it's Ok for 1 night.

Room tip: Higher floor, facing Eisenhower ave
2  Thank Castle88
Reviewed 12 August 2019

My wife and I were looking for a quick get-away for the week-end, and booked this Courtyard.

Great price, the people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

The room was clean, bedding was great. They put us on the top floor - it was very quiet except for the air conditioner. Every time it came on, it sounded like a few parts were being slammed around. It was so late we didn't contact anyone, but I am sure the staff would have fixed the issue.

My only issue - this hotel is close to nothing. It appears to be located in an industrial section of town. They have been review that said it was a "quick walk to Alexandria", but those are wrong. Further, the roads around the area are baffling - DO NOT depend on Google Maps, or you will get lost.

They do offer a shuttle bus to Alexandria.

So, if you want a clean quiet place some what close to Old Town, and don't mind driving, this place is perfectly acceptable.

Room tip: Book the top floor.