1,274 results
All reviews old town shuttle service free shuttle huntington metro station the breakfast area waffles national harbor free breakfast outdoor pool dc area front desk staff great place to stay yellow line nice stay breakfast staff hotel shuttle beds were comfortable
Reviewed 23 March 2018

This Hotel is clean, comfortable and convenient, but the team there really makes a difference. I'm from San Diego, and walked out the door to my car on Wednesday to find it covered with snow. Carmichael was right there to assist, and had the snow 'broomed off' in a minute. This hotel provides the kind of anticipatory service that really makes it stand out!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
MickiHeineken, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you so much for the excellent comments and I agree, we have a wonderful staff. I will share your comments with the staff and especially Carmichael.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The rooms are clean the staff is friendly and helpful and the breakfast was just ok nothing to call home about stay away from the eggs they are gross. Coffee 24/7 is an awesome bonus it’s just downstairs in the lobby

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for staying with us and giving us a review on your stay. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Its o.k ... we stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The people at the desk were very nice, the room is ok but the whole experience is not that pleasant. The location is on the main road (don't miss it when you first arrive... its right after the light in your right).
We have 2 kids and I was sorry to realize there is no sweaming pool (after a museums day it could be a good solution for their energy). We also had problems with the toilet that they couldn't solve.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
MickiHeineken, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Taliyariv,

Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry to hear of your experiences. We do have an outdoor swimming pool that is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day Weekend. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff and I hope you will come back and give us another chance to WOW you.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We have stayed here many times and always give it 5 stars, so why one star now? In actuality, the one star is not for the hotel but for corporate that negatively affected the hotel because we were not able to stay here for 4 nights, possibly 5, in early March. I want the hotel's attention and corporate's attention to what happened, hence the one star.

Before booking a reservation, I always check the best rate on the internet, usually via Trip Advisor, then call the hotel reservation number (central reservations for Hilton) to book the room. This is because we are Hilton award members and get a matching or sometimes better rate directly from them. The rate this time was $139/night via Expedia (and everyone else) on the Trip Advisor site.

Call number one to central reservations:
I reached a lady who quoted a very high price. I explained this was above the web rate and told her where I found it. She said she could not find the web rate even after I told her how to do it. She came back with another high rate. I explained that I would not pay a higher rate than the web rate. She doodled around some more and came back with a third rate, around $180 a night. By now, after about 30 minutes of back and forth, I realized she was clueless about what was going on. I even said why would I pay $180/night when I can use the web at $139/night. No response. So I thanked her and hung up.

A reservation should take about 5-10 minutes tops. Total time about 30 minutes.

Call number two:
I figured I should try another agent. Stephanie answered and apologized when I explained what happened. She said they would match the web rate. I walked her to the web site and she found it. She was very helpful and said to give her some time. I was put on hold and waited. After a few minutes she came back and said she needed another person to help. Fine I said and was put on hold again. Waited and waited....then disconnected. Another 30 minutes or so wasted and now I am very frustrated.

Did I mention that a reservation should take 5-10 minutes?

Call number three:
I decided to go to the hotel directly and make the reservation. From their website I dialed the number and followed the prompts and bam!...I am back at central reservations again, the third time.

I got a very knowledgable agent and explained what happened and how frustrated I am by now. She assures me she has many years experience and can handle this. She follows my direction to the web site and finds the rate. I ask her to call me if we get disconnected, but she cannot. They can't make outbound calls and can only get incoming calls to the reservation center. She promises to get this right for me. I wait and wait as she does her thing.

When she returns she says they can't do a rate match. It has to do with the fact that there is a difference in the room: one has a view and the other does not (I don't know which rate had the view, Expedia or Hilton). Because the rooms don't match EXACTLY, she will lose her job if she gives me a rate match. I told her I don't care about the view. Sorry, she'll lose her job. I thank her and hang up and decide to make other arrangements because by now I do not want to stay at this hotel. Another 30 minutes or so shot.

Did I mention a hotel reservation should take 5-10 minutes?

So, to the CEO/President of Hilton, here is what your policies have accomplished:
1. Unless the hotel was fully booked for the four nights we wanted, you have cost your franchise $556.00.
2. You have taken a very loyal customer and converted us to not caring about maintaining the relationship.
3. You forced your customer to seek other brands in the future. The cost of gaining a new customer is much higher than keeping a loyal customer.
4. You have hundreds, maybe thousands, of people who will read this and wonder why your policies are so stringent.
5. You have negatively impacted your franchise.
6. You have wasted about an hour and a half of my time, plus the time to write this critique, to get a reservation....that should have taken 5 to 10 minutes.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bernie6214
MickiHeineken, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Bernie, I am very sorry that you had this experience while trying to make a reservation. We appreciate you staying with us as often as you do and I hope you will not let this experience deter you from staying again in the future. I have shared your concerns with our Corporate Team so this will not be repeated. Thanks again and safe travels.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Have stayed here more than once. Very friendly staff. Room had an odor even though it appeared clean. Probably time to renovate some of the carpeting and mattress. The linens were very thread thin (really need to be replaced) and we had to request extra pillows. Breakfast was boring. We stayed for a few days and every day same scrambled eggs, and limited fresh fruit. The heating/air unit was noisy interfering with sleep. However, amazing staff.

Room Tip: room away from elevator are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
MickiHeineken, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Sandra, Thank you for being a repeat guest and I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations during you last visit. We will discuss your comments with the staff to make improvements. I hope you will visit with us again.