“Early lunch”

Thai Nakorn
Ranked #163 of 878 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Service was quick and pleasant. Food was very good and not very expensive when ordering from the lunch menu. Lunch comes with two fried wontons, salad or soup and a drink all for $9. We had peanut chicken, chicken panang, pad Thai (noodles) and a spicy larb chicken dish. The menu indicates with a chili emoji the spicy ones but the larb chicken should have had two. It was excellent but wow! Everything was well done. Our two year old loved the pad Thai eating most of it and even used chopsticks!
Location is in a strip mall but parking was easy and seemingly safe and well kept.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The service was excellent. The food was delicious. It was our first time at a Thai restaurant, we each tried a different dish. Both were well prepared and served with only a brief wait. My wife does not enjoy food that is too spicy and asked our waiter about the extent of the heat. The food was prepared with this in mind and we both enjoyed our meals greatly. The serving portion was generous.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

I think they have been very consistent in the past year we've been eating there. The food has been full of flavor and meat in the dishes lean. I like the new waitstaff- so pleasant to dine with. Nice Mom and Pop place to patronize.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Yum! I was in the mood for Thai last night and Thai Na-Korn popped up in a search. I'd not noticed it before so we decided to drive by and it looked OK. What a lovely surprise. It's a small-ish place with maybe a dozen tables and simple décor. The server was attentive and pleasantly quirky. The food was delicious! We had spring rolls and tod mun to start. Both nicely done and I would be happy with just a big bowl of the fresh cucumber sauce. The Spousal Unit had masaman curry. It had a bit more spice than usual, maybe some extra star anise, had lots of beef and that potatoes were fully cooked. (Too many places had al dente potatoes.) My measure of success is pad thai and it was just right -- not too sweet, not too wet or too dry and with chicken and shrimp. Would have liked some red chili on the table to amp it up a little, but by the time I thought to ask it was all gone -- oops. Looking forward to our next visit to further explore the menu.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

My wife, son, and I had dinner here this week. This was our second time and we love the way they season everything. My son not so much, but he is a straight teriyaki chicken kid and they don't have that on the menu. Both times we've been here were positive experiences but the dish I ordered Tom Yum Talay only had 4 Shrimp. Plenty of squid, muscle, and scallops, but I would like at least 6 Shrimp. My wife had Pad Thai with shrimp and she received 5. My son had Shrimp fried rice but we were unable to count his. Other than that it was a good meal. I gave 4 stars because of the lack of Shrimp. We'll be back because of the taste, but I suppose I will have to buy extra Shrimp.

Date of visit: April 2016