“Typical Comfort Inn”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Abingdon
El Segundo, California
“Typical Comfort Inn”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I used to stay at this hotel on occasion for business. It's not a bad place, just a typical Comfort Inn. The hotel is very close to I-81, a little highway noise at times but not too bad. The breakfast is okay, but nothing out of the ordinary or spectacular. The staff was friendly, clean rooms, but a little dated. I haven't stayed there since the remodel, but others have told me it's nice. The room rates seemed a little high for the location. I would stay here again, but probably not my first choice. I'm eager to see the new renovations someday.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 December 2011

What a pleasure it was to stay at this Comfort Inn. Breakfast excellent and every one
makes you feel welcome. I was a Travel Agent and traveled a lot and stayed in many
hotels but this one is the cleanest and friendliest. Loved the room design - hotel in a
convenient location -Right off I/81. Hotel recently renovated. Being from the Boston area it was such a pleasure to visit a small town with a theatre (Barter Theatre) as great as this one. Everyone must make time for a 2 ngt/3 day mini-vacation - Perfect combination - Comfort Inn - Abingdon, Va.

Room Tip: Very knowledgable staff that will help you choose a local restaurant and make your visit a very pl...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
knoxville, tn
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel must have recently underwent a renovation because it didn't fit the description I've read in other reviews. The check-in was simple and by a courteous staff member, and breakfast included all the necessary things to start your day with (and it's complimentary). I would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Convenient to Exit 14 off I-81. Near Heartwood and other local attractions.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Maggie Valley, NC
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My wife and I spent two nights here. The check-in was smooth and we were given a choice of a first floor or second floor room. Overall the hotel was in good looking condtion with newer (but wild looking) carpet and furnishings. The location is convenient to many of the offerings of the Abdington, especially the Virginia Creeper Trail.
What I didn't like:
Breakfast was just so, so. I've stayed a many places that offer breakfast and I would rate this one as poor. There weren't many things to choose from and not much room to sit. I also cannot understand why, on weekends, it ends at 9 am.
Unlike another reviewer, I found the beds to be hard and uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 October 2011

The service was good. Rooms are very clean and not smelly! Breakfast wastnt that great, it doesn't have fried eggs, but it had tasty pancakes, boiled eggs, some fruits, coffee. We paid $85 on Thursday. I guess for this money we've got good hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
6.8 km away
7.0 km away
Red Roof Inn Abingdon
Red Roof Inn Abingdon
#9 of 10 in Abingdon

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!