The Norman Rockwell Studio and Inn(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$131
Arlington Inn(Arlington)
US$202
US$191
US$169
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$86
Governor's Rock Motel(Shaftsbury)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$345
US$195
Groupon.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$256/night.

Hill Farm Inn(Arlington)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe barnhiking trailsrockwell kentrobert frost roomafrican violetbattenkill riverwedding weekenddaniel webstercommon areasliving roomgrounds are beautifuleach morningsarah's roomfresh fruitwood burning fireplacesouthern vermonta wonderful stay
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My wife and I recently had our wedding reception at the WMI. From the initial stages some three years ago when we reserved the venue up until the morning after and beyond, the staff at the WMI is second to none. The rooms where our families stayed were exquisite. Everyone enjoyed the food and had a great time. The WMI was able to recommend tons of vendors from everything like florists to limousine services. If I had to do it again, there is no doubt in my mind that I would choose the WMI for my wedding.

Room Tip: A good room depends on what you're looking for. Some rooms have fireplaces. Some rooms have sitting rooms. And some rooms are built for simple relaxation. The staff are willing and able to help you make the right decision.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The Inn offered everything we needed for two wonderful nights. The staff were warm, efficient and very informative to our surroundings. Best of all the breakfast and dinner menus were the best and the food delicious. Definitely we would return. Only down side is staying in the townhouse we could not open windows because there were no screens or the screens were not in good condition.

Room Tip: I would stay in the Townhouse, very cozy and great to kick back and relax alone.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 359
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the West Mountain Inn two nights for a friend's wedding. In terms of the wedding things were wonderful and well done, general accommodations left something to be desired however. The Inn did a great good with the wedding. Cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres were good as was the main course and cake. The barn used for the wedding was beautifully decorated and the staff attentive. Breakfasts were good. The Inn itself is generally well kept and the scenery can't be beat.
Our room had some short comings. Notably the bathroom. The shower was old and dingy, the curtain needed to be replaced and the rub was stained. The shower head was inexcusable as it let out very little water and was rusted. The pillows and bed were too hard and at 6 am we realized that our room was directly next to a large exhaust vent outside. It promptly woke us because the chimney was attached to our wall on the outside which caused the headboard to shake and the room sounded like a train was barreling through it. The only nice thing I can think about for the room was the fireplace.
If it weren't for how well the wedding was done I'd have given the West Mountain Inn a poor rating. The room rate was far too much considering the short comings of the stay even at the peak of the fall season.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
amiebe, Owner at West Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for your comments - both good and bad! I am so glad you enjoyed the wedding you attended and am happy that you generally found the Inn to be well kept and pleasant. I am also glad that you pointed out some of the shortcomings of your room, because now we can fix them! We have already replaced the offending kitchen fan to stop the annoying vibrating issue, and have replaced the shower curtain. We are moving on the shower head as I write and will put that bathroom on the refurbishment list for this Spring!

Thank you!
Amie Emmons
Innkeeper

Reviewed 16 October 2011

An outstanding mountain location with wonderful views. Lovely common rooms and dining room. We love the ambience and food in the dining room. The inn needs to work on spiffing up the rooms--bathrooms need help and carpets need to be replaced .

Room Tip: Pick room with a view--some can be back in a hole. Ask for a room with no carpeting. Carpet needs to be replaced.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband, myself, and two kids (5 & 3) just returned from a stay in the Kent Suite at the WEst Mountain Inn. We had a great and relaxing time! To start, we got lost on our way to the Inn, so I called and spoke with the front "desk" staff member, and not only did she give me exact directions from where i was, but she also stayed on the phone with me until i found my way to the main street...which really eased my mind. When we stepped into the room we were immediately impressed with the size, the wooden pitched ceiling, and the fireplace. Plenty of space for the four of us. I was also pleasantly surprised at the sound proofing of the room; i figured that an old inn would not be good at keeping sounds out (or in, in the case of my two kids, lol)...but i was wrong. The room,and the entire inn, was very clean and well maintained, despite its age. I'm not big into antiques but i really liked the entire place and its furnishings.

I must comment that the food was DELICIOUS!!! Best bacon i have EVER had (and we are bacon loving fools!)!!! The breakfast every morning was not to be missed...i would return if just for that! Luckily, the location, the views, the beautiful alpacas on premises, and the friendly restaurant staff has made us want to plan a return visit for next year.

On a last note, I was a little worried about taking my small kids to a B&B...but not once did i feel unwelcome, or for that matter, did my children feel unwelcome. They are well behaved boys, but they ARE young afterall...so although we tried our best to keep their noise level down during dinner time, they sometimes started unraveling at the end of dinner. What was great is that there are games tables right near the dinner room, so while the adults finished dinner, my boys played domino and foosball within my sight.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the more privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family