“YOU MUST EAT HERE!!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Arlington
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

What a lovely and DELICIOUS surprise! We drove today from Maine to stay at the Ira Allen Bed and Breakfast and arrived hungry. The proprietors recommended Jonathon's Table. The menu was extensive and the food superb! The mushroom soup was unbelievable as was the prime rib! Back home in California, we love famous Lawry's Prime Rib restaurant-this was BETTER! I wish we would have had room for dessert, but alas, the portions were so large and we couldn't stop eating to leave room!!
Treat yourselves! Eat at Jonathon's Table!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

another year another visit to Jonathons Table...a highlight for our family to enjoy the ambiance,great service and of course the amazing food.from soup to dessert everything is surperb.lots of great choices!!to me the prime rib is the best anywhere and my wife cannot eat scallops anywhere else...they are so good.desserts are homemade..the perfect ending.my favorites are chocolate peanut butter pie and coconut chocolate chip cheese cakeyummy!!!...if you try this resaruant you will agree with this review

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We have enjoyed dining here on occasion, as it is close to home. A recent dinner, however, has us not willing to return. I had the prime rib with a lobster tail special, and my partner had the filet and shrimp scampi special. Salads very good as always..with home made dressings.
My prime rib was dry, tasteless and overcooked. The tiny lobster tail was almost inedible.It was unbelievably salty and tough.I wanted more than the small 1/3 ear of corn. on my plate. The filet mignon was very good, but the so-called scampi was inexcusable. Three smallish, limp shrimp on a bare dish with very little if any garlic, no wine, no parsley- nada.Tasteless. Maybe they were just having an off night...but the bill overwhelmed us. The entrees were $42.00 each. 'Just not worth it. We skipped dessert, wishing to be out of there. Service is alway good here, but perhaps when I mentioned the over-salty lobster, she should have offered me another choice.

1  Thank melisande
Reviewed 26 August 2017

This restaurant has expanded to cannibalize space from the adjoining store at least once - I think twice - which says something. The food is remarkable and the prices are not bad.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Recently while visiting old and new friends in VT, we shared an amazing dinner at Jonathon's Table. When we arrived we were seated immediately and as soon as I took my seat I felt at home. The cozy & rustic atmosphere wraps around you. We shared an appetizer of the potato pancakes which melted in your mouth. Great texture and complimented by apple sauce. The blackened swordfish was cooked on point with the right amount of spice as to not overpower the fish. We shared homemade desserts of decadent chocolate mousse and coconut cheesecake that tasted incredible. Our server, Steve, was very attentive and has a great personality! After having the privilege of meeting owners Jon and Val and seeing the passion they have for good food, you can see how it reflects in their menu and why their staff is so proud to work there. It is a 'must do' on your next trip to VT. I can't wait to return!