“Still fabulous”

Add it.
West Mountain Inn's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Arlington
Reviewed 15 May 2018

This was the first time we were here in Spring. Everything was wonderful. Excellent room, superb food, friendly helpful staff. We couldn’t have asked for a better two night stay. Breakfast was so good with so many items to choose from. Dinner was also great. They make the best crab cakes. Everything is delicious.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Their breakfasts are awesome. The steel cut oatmeal is a must. Dinner is unique and so full of flavor.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

As always, food was so delicious !! Good variety - beautiful presentation and dining room. We are never disappointed.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

This was our first time staying at West mountain. Got checked in by the owner Amy with her friendly dog Luna. She showed us around the to our room #6 at the top of the stairs, small but comfy room with a seperate sitting area like a closed in porch with a view of the grounds, Alpaca barn and mountains. After driving and shopping all day we enjoyed sitting on the porch with some snacks and a glass of wine watching the sun set! breakfast on Thanksgiving morning was casual and delicious sitting by the fire with a nice view. We then spent the morning walking there trails that are on the 150 acres they own, hiked up to cedar rock to take in the view that was worth the climb. We returned to the Inns common rooms and the cozy pub, relaxing with a glass of wine by the wood burning fire and chatting with the other friendly guests. We found out that most of these people have been coming to the Inn with there family for decades. The turkey dinner was great very traditional and very good, it was comfortable sitting near the fire in spacious dinning room. I must say that the four course Thanksgiving dinner was a very reasonable $42 per person and the choices besides the turkey sounded great. After the apple and pumpkin pie for dessert we couldn't eat one more piece of food!! Every one here was friendly even though they were working the holiday , Paul out dinner waiter and the breakfast waitress ( sorry forgot her name) were on point! My really only small complaint is that the walls are thin and some noise can be heard for the other rooms, but this will not stop us from returning for another stay. It's rare that you find a Inn like this that has been owned by the same family for over 40 years. Maybe we will start our own tradition and stay for years to come and hope to run into the people we meet this year again !

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I decided to "test drive" West Mountain Inn before taking visitors there for dinner and am glad that I did. The dinner prices suggest that West Mt. considers itself upscale and it's web site touts the restaurant as a farm-to-table experience. I experienced neither during my visit. The Caprese appetizer, indeed had familiar Maplebrook mozzarella (yum), but was paired with a pale, tasteless hot-house tomato - almost unforgivable in mid-summer. Yes, it has been rainy and cool, but a trip to any farmer's market would find better vegetables. Also, the portion was surprisingly small for a $9 appetizer. I ordered the crab cakes (violating my own "don't order seafood in land-locked places" rule) and they were so mediocre they almost weren't worth eating - under-seasoned, too much filling and poor quality crab meat. The pork chops were dry and uninspired, but this was overshadowed by the sad fingerling potatoes that were at one time probably recognizable as a potato but came to the table over cooked, dry and shrunken.

The dining room was pretty empty except for three other tables occupied by people staying at the inn (and now I know why). The inn and dining room were pleasant but our waiter was not knowledgeable about the food and pretty much disinterested in serving it. All in all the dining experience was.. well, sad and depressing. No way was this a place I would bring friends to experience Vermont dining at it's best - or even second best - particularly since the prices rivaled a decent restaurant in NYC.

What I saw of the inn was nice and the garden and grounds were lovely. It would be worth a trip to West Mountain to have a cocktail in the bar or maybe a slice of pizza on Saturday night (but I didn't haven't had the pizza so this is just a suggestion not a recommendation).