“Excellent breakfasts”

Add it.
Arlington's West Mountain Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Arlington
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Dinner plating not up to par for a restaurant of this caliber. I am a home cook of over 50 years and take more care with my plating for each meal I make than the chef did with his. Eye appeal was minimal. Boiled chunks of carrots, boiled (5) green beans. Really???? The sides are important too!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Not only were the meals wonderful, the chocolate chip cookies were amazing. There is something special in the water...the Green Mt Coffee never tasted better.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I have mentioned dining here as a guest for more than 28 years. The service, the food, the ambiance make you want to return again and again.

If you are staying at the West Mountain Inn do not go anywhere else for dinner. You will not find a more comfortable setting combined with tasty dishes. And you do not need to stress about driving back to the inn. From aperitif to dessert you are fortunate to be able to relax in the warmth and comfort of your "home in Vermont".

The menue has never been a disappointment to us over the years. The wine list is gradually becoming more diverse and incorporating more wines from Europe. The service always is friendly, accommodating and wonderful.

The breakfast is incredible but, I believe, only for guests staying at the Inn. I have noticed, on occasion, local groups having a breakfast meeting in an adjoining room but I would call the West Mountain Inn about the details.

FYI- I believe many people from the area frequent the West Mountain Inn for dinner and, for me, this is a huge endorsement!!

Make a reservation for dinner, or better yet, stay at the West Mountain Inn and enjoy both the breakfast and the dinner and be lulled into a state of relaxation.

1  Thank kennuncorked
Reviewed 13 February 2017

A relaxed ambiance, gorgeous grounds. Dinner was good, service pleasant. A quintessential Vermont inn.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

We have had dinner at West Mtn Inn before and the issue we have had the last couple of years is with a lack of consistently with the quality of the meal. Out of the last five times we have dined there only once did we feel it was a good dining experience. While the atmosphere is very charming and the inn is very beautiful, the food is only average at best. We had decide not to go there for dinner ever again but then decided we would give it one last try. The first thing was the wine we chose. They came back and said they were out of it. Next for our first corse we ordered Duck and boneless beef short rib. The short rib was very good however the duck was very greasy, tough and tasteless. For the main dishs we ordered were Pheasant and Filet Migon. This time the Filet was good but the Phesant was dry and very tough. Ordering desserts we had Tiramisu and a peanut butter chocolate desert. The Tiramisu was nothing like it should have been as well as the other desert, both I'm sure we're not made in house. They defiantly seem that they were simply from a food service and scooped out of a box. The final disappointment was supposed to be a complimentary glass of Champagne. It was not cold and was flat, virtually there we hardly any bubbles and tasted very cheep.