All reviews collins lift breakfast and dinner third floor can't beat the location the staff was super friendly several options soup park city ski vacation fitness center housekeeping staff hooks to hang rooms are clean young people no frills high end my son
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Family friendly, but definable lots of adult groups here. Old hotel needs upgrades everywhere. Food and service very good! Lots meals included in stay.
Gameroom, fitness center and jacuzzi are weak. Good for few days.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Aimnyck
Reviewed 9 January 2018

My family and I thought our first stay at this nostalgic, warm, and friendly lodge was excellent. Although the interior is not modern, we wouldn't have wanted it to be. As we looked at the history presented in photos on the walls, and thought about the memories represented, we only wondered what would we would hear if the walls could talk! The staff is like a well-organized small army, working hard and trying their best. We often saw those who had been working in the evening up bright and early the next morning with smiles on their faces working again. The location cannot be beat, and when you are sitting in the main dining area looking out, you will know what a truly special place this is. For those who have said the food is less than 5 stars, give honest feedback, send back what food isn't to your liking, and they will surely address the details. Trainor at the bar, and the vibrant young people working there are most interesting. The Alta Shuttle will pick you up at the airport and take you back down the mountain; it is efficient and safe. The rooms were very clean, and the overall feel is friendly and warm. We look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Beenmanyplaces
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I sent my 23 year old son on a solo ski vacation and the folks at GDL treated my son like family! Not sure how anyone could give a bad review to anything at GDL! I challenge anyone to match the affordability of what one gets when staying at GDL. You get a real ski on/ ski off experience, a beautiful ski mountain, and they feed you! My son is a vegetarian and there was always choice.I cant wait to visit myself and thank them in person for such great service. I love Gold Miners daughters lodge and they get a big A PLUS on my book! You cant go wrong staying here!

Room Tip: if u are worried about the room view, dont go! Alta is the view!
Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Rosa A
Reviewed 30 December 2017

I have stayed at Goldminers Daughter at least 10 times over past 17 years. It is one of 5 base lodges at Alta. I have stayed at 3 of the 5 and am convinced GMD is the best overall value. First and foremost, the Collins lift is right out the door. Ski-in ski-out gets no better than this. Most of the professional staff are dedicated and helpful. Many people here will go out of their way to help you have a good stay. Unlike other lodges, GMD does not add 15-20 percent gratuity, and it has a reasonable cancellation policy: you can negotiate to leave early if the snow is lousy. Breakfast and apres ski are great, high quality and plentiful. Rustler and Alta Lodge might be better choices if your hobby is burning money, but if you need value for the dollar, GMD is best choice. Now the downside: The interior is tired, close to dingy, but you're here to ski so who cares. What I do care about, however, is that you pay for a gourmet dinner that misses the mark. Dinner is well prepared and well presented, and COLD. The meat//chicken/fish will be moderately warm and everything else will be cold. It's been this way for years so they must think this is optimal. It could be a gourmet experience but sadly is not. Also, the wait staff are powder hounds, some are competent and some not. Service is unpredictable. If I stop coming to GMD it will be because I'm tired of paying for gourmet meals and receiving less, consistently. Still, GMD is the best value at Alta. If I give up on GMD I will stay in the valley and bring the ski bus up every day. This would be acceptable.

Room Tip: You pay more for slopeside views. Not needed.. you can view the slope from the restaurant and saloon.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank 545laritak
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Highlights:
This is a nice bar with a very nice view of the slopes (huge bay window). You can eat in front of the fire. There is plenty of room to sit down and eat, there is even an area where kids can watch TV, unless they are on their other devices (constantly). Their fire-prepared pizza is good and you can also have burgers, salads, and soup at the downstairs location. You can refill you water bottle before going back on the slopes.

Lowlights:
Pricey, but this is normal for ski resorts (US $20+ for a large pizza).

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family