Motel 6 Austin - Midtown
US$215
US$194
  • Pool
aloft Austin at the Domain(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$160
Aloft.com
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$114
La Quinta
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$146
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

US$203
US$183
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$218/night.

US$206
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
US$175
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$236/night.

Courtyard Austin South(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$109
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

W Austin(Austin)
US$263
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

I'm always thankful to Motel 6 for allowing pets and having clean rooms and good prices, but this is the second Motel 6 in as many nights where the lack of working WiFi was met with a helpless shrug by the staff.

It's 2017, y'all! I shouldn't have to crouch outside the motel office in the rain with my computer trying to get my work done online.

Also, the new two dog limit is annoying. My pets are well trained and silent and I clean up after them. How about limiting rude noisy children?

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Austin - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear Christopher, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the various issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

What an awful experience. Stayed in the room for about 20 minutes before I made the decision to just leave the hotel and find a new one. The room was completely disgusting. First of all it was a non-smoking room, but the room smelled of cigarettes. There were stains on the sheets and bed covers, flies in the room, paint coming off the walls. Complained the attendant who offered us a room that had been recently fumigated but was told of a "funk" that still exists. Left my name and number with the attendant who said he would give it to the manger and guess what I have heard of nothing since. Called corporate help desk to complain and they basically told me since this location is franchised that I'm out of luck. I would recommend that people stay as far away from this location as they can. When I say this place was a dump, Id rather spend a night sleeping at an actual dump.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank daniel p
danny p, General Manager at Motel 6 Austin - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Hi Sir. Sorry for the inconvenience caused during the stay. We did reach out to you but it went to voicemail and it said it was full.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

My Husband and I traveled to Austin for a weekend getaway. We booked this hotel as it was not to far from the city center and close enough to the outdoor activities we planned on participating in. The first red flag was the empty, fenced off swimming pool with a picnic table randomly placed within it. We arrived at our room, which was situated at the end of the row on the first floor (this is a drive up motel where all doors are exterior). We opened the room to find a very large open space resembling a double room, but with two beds. The comforters on the bed had cigarette burn holes in them and the toilet seat had cigarette burns as well. There was no microwave, no refrigerator, no iron/ironing board, no coffee maker, no toilet paper, only one a/c unit worked, and the bathtub was stained. Because there was a big game that weekend and all hotels in the area were sold out, so we decided to tough it out. Also, we were given a wi-fi code, but the network was so slow, i had to use my phone hot spot in order to use the internet.

When night fell, we witnessed shady, sketchy activities of all sorts going on in the parking lot as well as at the businesses surrounding the motel which included: drug activity and use (especially at the gas station adjacent to the hotel), shady characters circling the buildings multiple times, sex worker transactions, an actual fight, and possible human trafficking activity. To top it all all off, the ONE night that a security guard was on duty, he had the nerve to approach my Husband and I and ask us for proof that WE were staying at the motel, WOW!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ecgoudeau
danny p, General Manager at Motel 6 Austin - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Thank you for your response. We here at motel 6 value your opinion. You are right. We do not have Refrigerator , microwave or iron-ironing board (available on request ) in the rooms. Microwave Is available in the office 24*7 .Wifi is free at the property. Sometime when too many people are connected at once, it might be little slow. If in any case the Wifi does not work ,you can always stop at the Desk and the GSR will be more then happy to assist you.
About the pool - we are constructing a new pool at this moment. It should be done by end of 2016.
Once again thank you for your response and you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 8 December 2015

This place is utterly disgusting. We woke up to bugs in our room. I posted a picture. We alerted the manager and his only suggestion was that we find another hotel that might be better! Expedia quickly relocated us.

To add insult to injury:
The towels are for two year old and very hard
Lots of strange people traffic - Dont open your door at night
RUDE staff
INFESTED with bugs - we killed a few just waiting to leave

Room Tip: Infested with bugs - Beware
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jackie D
Reviewed 27 September 2015

Prostitute's knocking on my door. Not safe to park your car there. Non-smoking room smell like smoke. I step in to the shower and the soon as I put my first foot into the tub I wipe out. Wasn't able to get off the floor for thirty minutes. When I was able to walk to the front dest to report it. She just blew me off. She never reported it. When I was checking out the next day. It was a different girl . So I reported it again. And she said the other girl never reported it. So she took my report again. And said someone will call me in 24 hours . I waited three days nothing. They blew me off again. So I called the corporate. Office and they said noting we can do . Because it's individual own. Then I got a letter from the GM owner of that Motel 6 and he said they where not responsible. Now I have a hospital bill I have to pay on my own. I will never ever stay at any Motel 6. I rather sleep in my car. So think twice before you stay at a motel 6 especially motel 6 midtown Austin Tx

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo