“Different place”

La Quinta Inn Austin University Area
Ranked #159 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Next time I'm in Austin I will not stay at your hotel again, bad experience for our family. I have a rewards card that I didn't use, I think I will not ever use it again. My family didn't like the room or Facilty so we checked out and stayed at another hotel. Please build a new hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn Austin University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Ronald,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on our property. We are always striving to improve our property and genuine feedback is the best way for us to do that. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the hotel in general. Please note that this information has been passed on to our management staff to ensure improvements are made. We very much appreciated your business and thank you for staying with us.

Diana - LQ Customer Care

Reviewed 20 September 2017

After driving for an hour after landing to find this place, it was not the cozy inexpensive "crash" we expected. This property is beyond old and dilapidated. The up side is, the air conditioning worked (1 star) and the sheets were clean, (I think?) (2 stars)
La Quinta has always been our "fall back" for inexpensive, clean and reliable. This place was dirty and dated. I do not recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Olga M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for your candid feedback! I appreciate your time and am sorry to hear your experience with us was not what was expected. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff and please know this is not what we strive for. We shall use your comments to grow in our service and quality. Thank you for this opportunity Mary L. and I hope you will continue to choose us during your travels.
Olga M.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Olga M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Reviewed 31 August 2017

When you first arrive to this hotel, you notice that the exterior of the building is not in the best conditions. However, the lobby did look good, so it gave my wife and I a glimmer of hope. Sadly, once we enter the room that all but left us. This was this horrible fishy odor from the room that forced me to go buy a candle and air freshener just to help cope with the smell. But alas, it did not and forced my wife and I to check out in the middle of the night and relocate to another hotel. The staff was very nice and had great customer service skills, and I commend them on that. I want you to all know that we are regular LQ Hotel customers, and will continue. We will just never come to this one ever again. I hope this helps you all!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ray M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Guest:
I’ve received your review of La Quinta Austin - University Area. I am very sorry for your non positive experience with us in your last stay. Looks like we dropped the ball on meeting your expectations. I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! Your feedback will help us improve our operation.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Management and customer service rude and they treat people and guest by there appearance as a elite member this last stay was not a pleasant one would probably never stay there again until customer service improves or get thought some customer service skills

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ray M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

I’ve received your review of La Quinta Austin - University Area. I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! Rest assured your comments will be shared with our team, and it’s through comments such as yours that we’re able to improve. Thanks again for your time, and hope we’ll see you back with us at La Quinta Inn once again.