This is a budget, 2-star class motel. So my expectations were based on getting a no-frills room. I rate it 4 stars for it's class. The room we stayed in was updated/modern. Bed was clean and comfortable and the room featured a microwave, AC, TV, iron & board, hair dryer, and a small fridge. The front desk staff was always very friendly and offered great customer service. The breakfast consisted of coffee, OJ, waffles, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal and toast. Others have complained about the motel being located closed to I-35. Yes, it is right off of the highway -- literally. This was not a problem to us, but I just wanted to mention it. If this would bother you, then this probably isn't a good location for you. Otherwise, it's a short drive to downtown attractions.
The only two things I didn't like were the tight parking spots and our bathroom walls and around the bathroom door weren't thoroughly clean. But the bath itself and toilet/sink were all clean. I recommend if you don't want/expect "luxury" accommodations & amenities and don't mind staying near the highway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk to University of Texas at Austin!Walk to the football games!Walk to St. David's Hospital1/2 mile to Frank Erwin Center1 mile to Downtown ($6-8 cab ride)24-HR restaurant next door (Star Seeds Cafe) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Austin/University/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Austin University / Downtown Hotel Austin
- Austin Days Inn
- Days Inn Austin/University/Downtown Texas