“Good Experience”

Days Inn Austin/University/Downtown
Ranked #135 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 17 April 2017

This is a budget, 2-star class motel. So my expectations were based on getting a no-frills room. I rate it 4 stars for it's class. The room we stayed in was updated/modern. Bed was clean and comfortable and the room featured a microwave, AC, TV, iron & board, hair dryer, and a small fridge. The front desk staff was always very friendly and offered great customer service. The breakfast consisted of coffee, OJ, waffles, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal and toast. Others have complained about the motel being located closed to I-35. Yes, it is right off of the highway -- literally. This was not a problem to us, but I just wanted to mention it. If this would bother you, then this probably isn't a good location for you. Otherwise, it's a short drive to downtown attractions.

The only two things I didn't like were the tight parking spots and our bathroom walls and around the bathroom door weren't thoroughly clean. But the bath itself and toilet/sink were all clean. I recommend if you don't want/expect "luxury" accommodations & amenities and don't mind staying near the highway.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back, away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Joshua W, General Manager at Days Inn Austin/University/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Deeinkc,

Thank you for taking the time out of your important day to review our property. We strive daily to provide superior quality and service to each guest and we are thrilled we were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the area. Thank you and have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Expected more from the brand. Old, depressing...sorta scary outside, thank goodness inside was much better, updated. Computer was down & could not check in, went to eat & just came back later. Very noisy, practically under the freeway

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear 293Cherylt,

Thank you kindly for taking the time out of your day to review our property. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay, as this is not the standard we represent. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you to regain your trust.

Thank you.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Inside the room was pretty nice, as it appears to have been recently remodeled. The air conditioning was a small unit in the window, and did not work very well. I am glad it was not very hot yet. The hotel was right off the highway, so I expected traffic noise, but there was a lot of loud music in the parking lot (or nearby parking lot) and people partying. Also, if you want to walk somewhere to get something to eat, just don’t. I passed by a tattoo parlor, adult book store and strip club to get to a pretty gross convenient store. The room itself was not bad, seemed clean, and the staff was nice (1 front desk person), but I did not feel very safe.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Joshua W, General Manager at Days Inn Austin/University/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear Amysuemons,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our property. I apologize sincerely for the issues you encountered during your stay. I do hope you will give us another chance to serve you to regain your trust so that we may provide you with quality guest experience you deserve. Thank you again and have a Happy Easter.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Dirty and dingy room and property. They checked out someone else and gave us the receipt. Our corrected receipt showed our room price was $50 more. Noisy rooms next to the freeway.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear R3841NQLLB,

Thank you kindly for reviewing our property. I sincerely apologize for all the issues you experienced and we have taken immediate action to correct all of these issues. This is not the standard we represent and if you will please reach out to me directly I would like to discuss these matters further. Thank you again and I do hope you will give us another chance to serve you.