All reviews main building beautiful boutique hotel highly recommend hotel wrap around porch clothes rack west campus within a mile radius small hotel a lovely stay valet guys wedding party turn down service valet service valet parking hotel restaurant happy hour sitting area
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Nice looking place in a great location. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Ok that’s the positives. Here’s the rest; the sink and shower spigots were partially plugged. Nobody answered the phone for room service or for a bellman to help my wife with the luggage. It’s wildly overpriced. This place has real potential but somebody needs hotel management lessons.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
HotelEllaManagement, Manager at Hotel Ella, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Wep25,

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay.
We appreciate your constructive feedback. We are following up on that in an effort to continuously improve the service we provide.
That is not our typical guest experience, so I am sorry that it was yours.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location, and that your found our front desk staff to be friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Beautiful looking hotel and the rooms, on first looking, are lovely.
But, very expensive for what you actually get. Look at the details...no breakfast (an extra!!), no water in room on second day, shampoo not replenished, one robe in a double room, cheapest and thinnest and smallest towels, out of date snacks. Lovely small pool, but seating area outside our room was so overgrown that we couldn't really sit out.
Really not worth the money, very average...will not return.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else...you do not get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elster658
HotelEllaManagement, Manager at Hotel Ella, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Elster658,

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay with us.
Most of our guests enjoy their stay and we have many repeat guests.
We have shared your constructive feedback to our team as we are continuously striving to provide an excellent stay for all of our guests.
If you would like to contact me directly, you may do so at brent.wolf@hotelella.com

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I love the bar - very cool loungy atmosphere
The front desk help is super sweet!

Now for the stuff that counts - my room - well not so much. Whoever renovated the property didn’t follow through. The bed is nice updated- great bathroom- even with the absence of a tub. The carpet is gross- and the ‘try’ on the mid-century furnishings are a huge miss! There is no comfortable place to be in this spacious room. And for trying to go cool chic boutique- it’s just a huge miss. Maybe they took worn out 70’s furniture and tried to make it look mid-century ... it’s a miss! And your art or at least the framing is tragic.

What gets me is that you tried and didn’t follow through. Go to your investors and get more money to finish what you started.

Not everyone likes to hangout in public spaces. Room space Counts!

I chose this because it was supposed to be a boutique hotel.

Great photography in the lobby lounge and bar area. Should have carried it through.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz S

Dear Liz S,

We are happy to know you enjoyed our Parlor Bar. It really is a beautiful space to enjoy a drink.
We are happy to know you enjoyed your comfortable bed and great bathroom. We're sorry for any disappointment you had in the rest of the room. The majority of our guests love our guest rooms.
Thank you for the compliments about the art in the lobby and bar area.
That is wonderful to know you found the front desk to be super sweet!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Beautiful property, sumptuous rooms, great location BUT ...... My bill for 1 night was $406 and that EXcluded the pleasure of a shower or a bath.
Things break. I appreciate that. Even in quality establishments things go wrong. But the difference between a mediocre property and a great one is how they handle the problem. My shower mixer-set broke before I could have a shower after a night of dancing at a Hotel Ella hosted wedding. I reported this to the front desk and when very little had happened after 30min I went to bed. It was past midnight at this stage. Eventually, too sweaty to sleep, I checked out at 4am. The same front desk gentleman didn't care a jot that my stay was so unpleasant that I was leaving in the middle of the night. Equally, when I called the following day to register my complaint they offered to reduce my bill by $100. Til today that has not happened. They debited my account for monies owed within 24 hours, but a week later they still have not credited my account as promised. Apathy rules!
In brief - the Hotel is lovely but the staff either don't care about the customer experience or they are ill-prepared to handle thing when something goes wrong. So buyer beware! You could have a great time if everything goes smoothly. But you could equally be in for a miserable stay if anything goes awry.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank df16062017
David S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ella, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for staying with us earlier this month and taking the time to provide us with useful feedback from your stay. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced with us, and assure you these are not the standards of Hotel Ella. I have sent you a separate email to receive more detail, and did see that the credit was provided just two days after your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have still not seen it appear on your statement at david.scheffke@hotelella.com.

I look forward to hearing from you!

David

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

It’s quaint, intimate, and so very beautiful. I have now attended two events, one for a business meeting and one a Women’s Tea at Hotel Ella in the past couple of weeks. Both experiences were incredible. The food and service has been spot on and made even more special because of the attentiveness of the staff. The Tea was a fundraiser and each table setting included the cutest little tea pot, a variety of Tea Bags to choose from, lumps of sugar and cream. There were also some of the most lovely pastries and niblets to choose from. The room was perfect for our small crowd of 30, but could have easily accommodated more. We will absolutely return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
HotelEllaManagement, Manager at Hotel Ella, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear MistiATX,

Thank you for your 5-Star Review of our boutique hotel, near the University of Texas, and State Capitol.
That is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our beautiful event space.
That is also fantastic to know that you found the food and service to be incredible.
We appreciate that and look forward to having you back as our guests soon!