“Great Meal. "Fine Dining BBQ" Is A Thing?!!”

Lamberts Downtown Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
Lamberts Downtown Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 4,248 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$15 - US$150
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Guadalupe St
Description: Lamberts Downtown Barbecue, located in the 2nd Street District of downtown Austin, features modern Texas classics in a hiply restored historic building. With an emphasis on fresh local ingredients and all natural meats, produce, and seafood, Lamberts has invented "Fancy Barbecue." The beautifully restored Schneider Store, located on the corner of Guadalupe and 2nd streets, features an open kitchen and dining room on the first floor, with outdoor patio seating available. The upstairs bar and lounge features premium live music most nights and can accommodate large parties for private events. Since opening in 2006, Lamberts has been featured in Food & Wine, The New York Times, Conde Naste Traveler, and voted the 4th best new restaurant in Texas by Texas Monthly.
Reviewed 6 February 2018

So I was told by an uber driver that Lamberts was "fine dining BBQ". I laughed at hte notion, but after going to Lamberts, I get it.

Drink selection was great, lots of options and a solid local beer list. Nothing too crazy, but very solid.

Apps were good, we got the deviled eggs and the queso. Both were just ok. Prob would try other things.

For Entrees we got a classic skirt steak and the RIDCULOUS "short" rib. Turns out the short rib is a full Brontosaurus bone. It was incredible but enough food for 4. The REAL star of this meal was the Mac and Cheese. Now I am a man that loves him some Mac and Cheese...and this was by FAR the best mac and cheese I've had in a long time. I could have eaten 5 helpings of the mac and cheese alone.

Make sure to try to cool, funky, cocktail lounge upstairs. I didn't see that place was there until the end of the meal, but would have loved to do a cocktail up there before digging in. Place looked cool.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I wanted barbq, it’s Austin! This is the place!

We went here on a Saturday afternoon, and had great brisket sandwiches and pork ribs for starters. Mimosas helped loosen us up and a great espresso to wake us up. Go!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 3 February 2018

We were staying in downtown Austin and were looking for some BBQ with good ratings in the area, so Lambert's made the shortlist. Being from the Northeast, most southern BBQ is better than we get back home, so we decided to give Lambert's a shot. The meal started with some small cornbread muffins which were very good. I got a spicy moscow mule, which was delicious. I ordered the pulled pork and my spouse ordered the brisket. The brisket was better than the pork, but neither really blew me away. Having eaten BBQ at various spots around the south and mid-west, this was decent but certainly didn't rank among the best. Also, the meal was bit on the pricier side. After speaking with our Uber driver on the way to the airport, we learned of a few spots outside of the downtown area that may have been a better pick. The ambiance was nice, with a cozy warm feel to the place and not too loud to have a conversation. The staff was friendly as well. If you're staying in the downtown/west Austin area, and want a decent BBQ option within walking distance, this is a viable option.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank TravelThat
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Everything was fantastic! From the service to the appetizers and main courses, to drinks and dessert, a great experience. The steak was unbelievably good. Very unique tastes. Must experience this one!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 25 January 2018

The food was good! I definitely can't complain about the food. There was some unique things on the menu. I really liked the food. Would return!

Date of visit: August 2017