“Superb! Must try!”

Lamberts Downtown Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
Lamberts Downtown Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 4,067 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$15 - US$150
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Guadalupe St
Description: Lamberts Downtown Barbecue, located in the 2nd Street District of downtown Austin, features modern Texas classics in a hiply restored historic building. With an emphasis on fresh local ingredients and all natural meats, produce, and seafood, Lamberts has invented "Fancy Barbecue." The beautifully restored Schneider Store, located on the corner of Guadalupe and 2nd streets, features an open kitchen and dining room on the first floor, with outdoor patio seating available. The upstairs bar and lounge features premium live music most nights and can accommodate large parties for private events. Since opening in 2006, Lamberts has been featured in Food & Wine, The New York Times, Conde Naste Traveler, and voted the 4th best new restaurant in Texas by Texas Monthly.
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Everything was fantastic! From the service to the appetizers and main courses, to drinks and dessert, a great experience. The steak was unbelievably good. Very unique tastes. Must experience this one!

Reviewed 25 January 2018

The food was good! I definitely can't complain about the food. There was some unique things on the menu. I really liked the food. Would return!

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Great spot for lunch. Had the brisket sandwich and it was fabulous. Great service. Fast and courteous. Delicious taste and sides. Love the atmosphere. Lots of variety on menu. Even Mexican coke!!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I made a reservation a week ago for me and two of my colleagues. We are planning a conference here and Lamberts was recommended by our destination management company. I received a phone call confirming my reservation at 7pm this afternoon and was really excited to have dinner there. We arrived 5 minutes early, checked in to the hostess and were walked to our table. Unfortunately they had the reservation down for 2 and we were three. I informed the hostess who by the way was not nice at all. She tried to tell me it was my mistake. Clearly I did NOT make a mistake! Then tells me well you received a confirmation call, which I do not deny but the person that called me was just confirming my reservation at 7 never how many in my party. She said they'd see what they could do. Probably be 15-30 minutes. We said okay we'd wait. About 15 minutes later the manager came to us saying I hear you had a problem with your reservation, never introduced himself, never apologized for the mix up and again blamed me! I still can't believe this. He mentioned the confirmation call again, to which I admitted to receiving but the woman never confirmed the size of my party only the time. He said he'd check and see what he could do and I told him since it appeared to be such a problem to please let us know as we had somewhere else we needed to be at 9 and we'd find somewhere else to eat. During this wait the hostess very rudely asked us to step out of the way of other diners. The waiting area is very small and nowhere for us to stand so we asked her should we wait out in the cold? I think she got the point. We did the best we could to stay out of the way and waited. I was sure they would seat us as no one was waiting but us and some of the tables were emptying. To my surprise the manager came back and said sorry, we can not seat you. I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone and have informed the destination management company so they know how they treated us and alert others. I can't imagine treating a customer the way they treated us. I guess they feel they can turn business away? You can keep your restaurant I've been to many restaurants much more high end and you will not got far with such horrible people running it. We went to Freedmen's instead and received a wonderful meal with great service and half the price.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

The brisket was tender, moist with the perfect amount of smoke. The fried green tomatoes with crab was the perfect size for lunch. Our server, Rob was great. He gave us a list of area restaurants to visit. A very good experience