All reviews waffle house austin airport courtyard marriott front desk an early flight shuttle driver rental car next morning the entire staff rooms are clean stayed here for one night business travel exercise room the room was nice close to downtown lobby circuit
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I was in town only overnight on business but I needed to arrange a conference room for a meeting on very short notice (same day as I arrived hours before normal check in time). The person at the front desk, Laura, not only got me my room hours early, she arranged a conference room for my meeting.

Every member of the staff I met was courteous, well-skilled, and helpful. I felt well taken care of. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
AUSAA7809, Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard Austin Airport! We greatly appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our staff. We hope to see you again soon in Austin!

Reviewed 25 September 2018

tl;dr: Do NOT stay at this property --because if anything happens to you, they will not be able to solve it and they do not care.

When we checked into the hotel on Sunday evening, my husband accidentally left the rental car keys at the check-in desk while juggling our bags.

On Monday morning, we realized our mistake and called housekeeping and the front desk at ~10am to ask about my keys and both confirmed that they didn’t have any car keys. My husband and I searched our entire room, the corridor/hallways to no avail. We went down to reception and asked again in person and were met with the same response “we don’t have any keys”. Panic started to set in, so we canceled all of our work meetings, and we kept searching. We thought that maybe we had made an uncharacteristic mistake and locked our keys in our car/trunk, so called triple A to unlock the car and incurred a $60 charge. The keys weren’t in the car, so we asked reception again about our keys. At 3pm, after losing our entire day of work and being stressed and miserable, we finally called our rental car company to tow our car back to their location. I asked the Asst. GM one last time, again in person, if they were sure there weren’t any car keys handed in to reception, and again, she said there was nothing in the system. Our car was towed –incurring hundreds of additional dollars –and we went back to our room to grab our things for check-out. At 4:00pm, we received a call from reception, telling us that our car keys were at the reception desk. Relieved, we went down to retrieve the keys, and asked who finally handed them in, to which he replied “oh the keys were here the whole time, they were just under this file”.
So, to recap the facts:
• We asked about these keys to multiple people at the reception desk face-to-face and on the phone throughout the day
• The keys had been there the whole time, the person at reception on Sunday couldn’t be bothered to log them in the system and just left them there, and then all throughout Monday nobody (inc. the assistant GM) bothered to ACTUALLY check for them
• We incurred considerable UNECESSARY financial costs thanks to the negligence and laziness of the entire staff
• We lost a full day of productive work searching on a wild goose chase, incurred unnecessary stress and misery… and to add further insult to injury, it was my birthday. I literally spent my entire birthday calling AAA/towing services and searching for keys and that weren’t lost.

My husband and I are both platinum Marriott rewards members (and gold SPG). We have stayed in countless Marriott and SPG properties over the years, and we have never, ever witnessed such appalling customer service and such a complete lack of professionalism and ability to do a job from any other hotel staff. All it would have taken is for someone to actually just spend no more than 20-seconds looking at the actual reception desk and see these keys. We were clearly distraught the entire day, and the only thing we were met with was “sorry it’s not in the system”. How there was such a monumental breakdown in their process and lack of accountability is mind-boggling to me.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
AUSAA7809, Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Our staff sincerely apologizes for the miscommunication of your lost item. It is uncharacteristic of our team to falter in communication as such. Please contact the hotel directly, so our team can assist you with this issue.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

I would like to give a "SPECIAL" commendation to Ms. Laura Miller. I was a guest of the hotel from 9/7-9/9/18. During this period, an important part of my travel items was misplaced, Ms. Miller took it upon herself to go and purchase a replacement item. She did this because she wanted to give me the best service that her property provides. For what she did to satisfy me, I'm extremely indebted to her for her exceptional kindness. Thanks to Marriott for hiring concerned staff.

~JRED

Room Tip: 5th floor northeast side
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Austin Airport! We greatly appreciate your comment about our staff and will be sure to pass it along.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

After our flight to Chicago was cancelled, My 4 girlfriends and I were in a horrible mood and standed in Austin another night. We luckily found lodging at Courtyard Marriot, and boy was it a good choice! It started off with Karen picking us up from the Airport. She turned our mood completely around! Karen told us what to do in the area for food along with the ins and outs of Courtyard Marriott for the night. She ended up being our driver back to the airport the next day! This review is all for Karen, she really went out of her way to make us feel welcomed and calm. Being a shuttle driver, you don't have to really talk to anyone - but Karen put extra effort forward to be so kind to us. She also has a great sense of humor. We loved Karen and the courtyard marriott!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank emmajlock

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

After being frustrated that mine and a few girlfriends flight home was cancelled, we ended up booking a hotel room for the night at the Courtyard. As soon as we got in the shuttle that picked us up from the airport we were greeted by Karen, our driver. This review is solely for her turning around our unexpected night in Austin! She was incredibly kind and friendly, and made a point to give us some tips on what is near the hotel and what they offer. She also was the one to bring us up extra towels and toothpaste when we called down for them. This is a woman who does it all and represents the Marriott in the brightest of lights! Thanks so much for the best cancelled flight I’ve had.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends