“Standard Courtyard (which is good by the way) very close to the airport”

Courtyard Austin Airport
Ranked #60 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had an early morning flight out so stayed here for one night. I found it to be exactly what I've come to expect from Courtyards - it didn't disappoint. Clean, quiet, well thought out space, polite staff. And it was an easy 5 minute drive to the airport. I would not hesitate to stay here again if the circumstances were the same.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay! It sounds like you are familiar with our brand and the expectations are always met, I am glad that still rings true. We do strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel! Next time you have that early fight, we are here for you!

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Just got back from Austin and had a great time.
I'm not an airport hotel guy but this property was great!
Great staff, great location (10 minutes downtown), very clean!
I'll be back.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip advisor! We appreciate it and if you're passing through Austin again soon, please do let us be your choice hotel!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I booked a room at the Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport and had a reservation confirmation number. I had a long day of travel and business, so was ready to get to my room when I checked in. The front desk person confirmed my reservation and then went on to say that they had oversold the hotel for the night and I was going to have to go to another hotel. In my many years of business travel, this has NEVER happened. (Maybe I've been lucky??) But, I couldn't believe it. I had a confirmed reservation! They comped the "replacement hotel"...but, honestly, I was there on business, so that did not in any shape, manner or form compensate me for having to trudge myself and my luggage back out to my rental car and then traipse over to a different hotel. Miserable experience. I will never book at this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Guest,
I extend the greatest apology your way. This is not representative of our hotel and due to unforeseen circumstances we did overbook/oversell our hotel. I am truly sorry for your unpleasant experience. However, I would like to personally take care of you for this inconvenience as well as in the future. Please contact me, the General Manager to further discuss what I can do for you. Again, I am most sincerely sorry for your poor experience and can assure you this is not how we usually operate. I hope to hear from you soon.
(512) 386-7464.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

The staff at the Courtyard Marriott were extremely nice and helpful. The rooms are very clean, and exceedingly quiet. It's within walking distance of a Waffle House, gas station and a great Starbucks!! Great spot to layover from the airport, or to explore Austin!

Room Tip: All rooms are good--very quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back on property again soon! The staff is always encouraged when we've left a lasting impression on our guests.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Arrived early due to flight change, rented car and went directly to hotel. Very friendly staff checked me in and room was ready for me before normal check-in time. The hotel itself is not very well marked, nor are any direction signs available at the intersection, which always seems to be under construction. Entrance to hotel itself not very well marked, and this is not fault of staff. Getting into the hotel was bad enough, but getting out of the hotel was difficult unless you know the little trick of going through the parking lot of the hotel next door and waiting a month or so for the light to finally change. The hotel should certainly have better signage, and the Austin City government should stop monkeying around with that intersection. Overall, a good stay with a great staff, despite the Austin City idiocy of that intersection.

Room Tip: Ask for hotel room in middle section - avoid road noise and end of runway at Austin Bergstrom.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you for your review! We truly do value our guests and your voice does matter, therefore we have started taking steps toward better marketing and signage for our location. Thank you for allowing us to be your host hotel and we hope you drop in next time you're in town!! Your appreciation of the friendly staff has been noted and it's rewarding comments like this that put those smiles on our faces!!