“Great side dishes”

Price range: US$7 - US$7
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Pok-E-Jo's BBQ has been here forever. The meat is great, but don't miss the Baked Potato Casserole! It's like eating a baked potato with all the trimmings but no potato skin to dig in. Lot's of BBQ places have good meat, but terrible sides. Try this one and you'll like it.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

The brisket is good but it is not to die for. I will come back as the price isn't to high and I'm not looking for a 5 star restaurant all the time.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

Pokejo's does great catering, but we stop by for a fast lunch or dinner and takeout for family packs to bring home. Good sausage and sides, I like the sliced brisket- if you like meat that isn't basted in smoke, this is for you. Good daily plate specials and sweet tea. Consistently good.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Had PoK-e-Jo's when they catered the VIP tent at the Texas Firearms Festival. All they had for meats was chicken and brisket so my buddy and I had brisket. It was pretty darn good. It had a reasonable smoke ring and was moist but not too fatty. The sauce was a traditional sweet sauce so we used it sparingly. We actually put some on the beans because while they were good, they were pretty bland without the sauce. We also had the potato salad which was pretty good. All in all, not the best BBQ I've ever had but it was far from the worst and I'd say it's in the top third on my spectrum of BBQ experiences.

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat on our trip to Austin. Someone recommended that we go to Pok-e-joe's. So we walk in there, and we are welcomed by so many options of food to eat. We didn't know what to get, but the workers generously gave us a ton of samples. We wanted to buy everything. We ended up getting the turkey and brisket. The sauces are so good. Boy o boy, was it the best meal I had. The sides were fantastic as well. The Broccoli and rice casserole was a must-have. The Mac and cheese was unforgettable. And you need to try the tres leeches cake slices they offer. So good. You cannot go wrong with this restaurant. The employees were so cheerful and generous that they made the place so welcoming. I strongly recommend a trip to this place. You will not regret it. Price wise, it's inexpensive and you get a ton of food.