“Management is new, service is worst I ever had.”
Review of Sarovar Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Sarovar Indian Cuisine
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed with the service and the taste of food. It doesnt anymore taste like before. Most importantly the main reciption guy handles everything, he has no respect for customers horrible service.

1  Thank Rakesh K

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I have never written a bad review for a restaurant but this place was horrible. I love Indian food and they made a joke of it. They ran out of Saag Paneer and refilled it with Saag and Mixed Vegetables. Looked and tasted like they had taken one can each of spinach and mixed vegetable and served it warm in their buffet. 4 out of 5 people in my party look a spoonful and left the rest. Service was horrible. The entire staff including kitchen staff stood 3 feet away from out table and talked in Spanish louder than any customer , no water refills.

To make things worst I got Charged 15% auto gratuity on my check. For a 5 people party? For Buffet? Who does that? I asked the owner who was taking my payment and he said "we always do" and walked off. If the food was edible and the service and ambiance wasn't crappy I wouldn't care about the 15%.

Needless to say, I will never go back. Don't waste your money or time.

1  Thank ScottManucci
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have never written a poor review for food establishment ever. My girlfriend and I were in the area and decided to try indian cuisine our gps led us here. There were alot of cars but apparently the people were somewhere else only two other couples at dinner rush? Should have walked out place is pretty run down. Host is also waiter an maybe manager was a little strange we thought. We ordered the spinach appetizer it came out quick as pretty good. The lamb was like eating charcoal and the fish dish was only fair. We left most behind waiter ask if we needed a box an I said "NO!" lol the couple next to us laughed. Sorry but I would want to know this is Austin, Tx we are mad at ourselves for spending $40 on this place.

1  Thank shamanseeker
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Been going to this restaurant for the past 5 to 6 years or so. My favourites are gobi manchurian, bagara baingan, egg biriyani and aloo poori. Though service was a bit lacking a year or so back, it has improved since. The lunch buffet has a variety of items and they serve crispy dosas (how many ever one wants which is awesome).

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Our food was fabulous, but the service was inexperienced and slow, and the place has a very derelict look and is not very clean. But I'll be back for the dosas, the best I've had in town.