“Place was Empty should have been a clue.”
Review of Sarovar Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Sarovar Indian Cuisine
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have never written a poor review for food establishment ever. My girlfriend and I were in the area and decided to try indian cuisine our gps led us here. There were alot of cars but apparently the people were somewhere else only two other couples at dinner rush? Should have walked out place is pretty run down. Host is also waiter an maybe manager was a little strange we thought. We ordered the spinach appetizer it came out quick as pretty good. The lamb was like eating charcoal and the fish dish was only fair. We left most behind waiter ask if we needed a box an I said "NO!" lol the couple next to us laughed. Sorry but I would want to know this is Austin, Tx we are mad at ourselves for spending $40 on this place.

1  Thank shamanseeker

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Been going to this restaurant for the past 5 to 6 years or so. My favourites are gobi manchurian, bagara baingan, egg biriyani and aloo poori. Though service was a bit lacking a year or so back, it has improved since. The lunch buffet has a variety of items and they serve crispy dosas (how many ever one wants which is awesome).

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Our food was fabulous, but the service was inexperienced and slow, and the place has a very derelict look and is not very clean. But I'll be back for the dosas, the best I've had in town.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

The place was recommended by family who usually know the good places to eat. We ordered several dishes-naan, curry, etc-all just OK. My tandoori chicken was rubbery and had no taste-very disappointing. I would not rush back. That said they were doing a fairly brisk take-out business, so maybe it was what we ordered.

Reviewed 27 December 2010

Dinner here was a very disappointing "non-effort" from a kitchen that just does not care. Why else would they not bother to drain water off an already soggy saag paneer? Or just drop vinegar into the lamb vindaloo instead of letting it sit and tenderize? Or put onions in raita because they must have run out of cucumber? (Or do onions cost less!)

Chicken tikka masala was okay, not great. The naan was fine. But there is absolutely nothing about Saravor to make one want to eat there. A reasonable portion size for the a la carte dishes, or the bargain thali enhancement for $3 (raita, dahl, vegetable, soup, dessert, naan and rice) are meaningless when there is no flavor or finesse in the food preparation. I feel confident in saying that this restaurant is below mediocre when I recall the sad vegetable dish featured in the thali, which was totally flavorless, textureless vegetables in a gross watered down masala sauce. The mango pudding dessert on the thali was grotesque. On the plus side, our server Eric was very pleasant and parking is plentiful. Otherwise, totally lousy.

2  Thank mylesfire