All reviews pool area front desk staff check in was quick breakfast staff great place to stay hot tub hot breakfast bed was very comfortable staff was very friendly and helpful business trip great room wonderful hotel enjoyed my stay definitely stay here again marcy housekeeping laptop
Reviewed 2 August 2018

I have stayed at this location several times over the years. My last review in January 2018 was favorable. My last 2 stays have been even better. I stayed last night (08/01/18). Check in was quick. The manager on duty was extremely friendly and helpful. They have a simple happy hour reception which is very nice. They had some small appetizers, wine, and beer available. The manager went out of her way to make sure everyone was served. I had a special request for an ice bag and she dropped what she was doing to assist. The room was spotless and comfortable. The breakfast was good. I must say that this location has improved on their level of customer service (it was not bad previously). Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2018

We stayed in this hotel chain for our SanAnto trip, so when it came up for our Austin, thought we'd try it again. This experience was not satisfying as the last. Bed: both my husband and I agreed- it was so uncomfortable and we rarely agree, so there's that. Breakfast: I had a hard time sleeping so I opted out but my husband went down for breakfast. He got there at 9:30 (breakfast ends @ 10am) there was no bread- bagels, muffins, toast. etc. He asked and they said they had some earlier and that now it would take too long to thaw out. Next, oatmeal, again, completely out- he asked and he was told that breakfast would be over soon and that it would take at least 20 minutes to make a new batch. (again it was still 30 minutes before breakfast was over) There were no types breakfast meats - no bacon, sausage, etc. Given the responses he was given, he didn't bother asking. He didn't try the pancake machine, because we prefer waffles, esp the Texas waffle. My hubs is not a picky guy at all, so when he told me his experience, I knew it must have been bad, we didn't bother the next day, we chose to eat breakfast elsewhere. I was disappointed with this aspect of our stay, as we enjoy a nice breakfast before heading out. Another part that made our stay unpleasant was the loud stomping coming from the room above us (note: I don't blame hotel for this, as they can't control people's manners, right?) It was consistent through out our entire stay, constant loud stomping from one end of the room to other and then- SLAM, the door. Seriously people be considerate of others. The room itself was clean, typically I prefer the fridge, micro & coffee machine, to be all in one area aside from bed area and in my experience it has usually been this way but not in this room. You can see the set up in my photos. Okay, now for the customer service. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. Very disappointed in the kitchen staff not making sure there was an adequate food supply for the entire time allotted for breakfast. Location: a lot of our to do's were near congress/downtown area and such. For any travel destination we had to use the highway, which depending on traffic; it could take 18 minutes just to go somewhere that was only 3 miles away- so that was annoying. There is an HEB, gas and other stores nearby, so if you need anything that was convenient. The pool looked very nice and inviting however we didn't make it out - just too exhausted from all our outings. Lastly, the hotel parking is shared with the shopping strip, in fact some of the closest parking stops to the hotel entrance have a reserved for customer only signs. Overall, if you get a firm comfortable bed, no bad mannered neighbors, if kitchen steps up and provides all breakfast during the entire breakfast time, if your to do list is in the vicinity of the hotel location & you don't leave your hotel too much or rideshare; then you don't have spending time driving in circles looking for a parking stop, then you may have a much better experience than we did. (BTW: sorry about my stuff in photos, I forget to take pics before unloading)

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is not in a good area. We are fairly seasoned travellers and we were really uncomfortable going in and out of the hotel. There is a homeless shelter next door and there were people around off their heads all the time. Not worth it for the price.....stay closer to 6th street area if you are looking to party in Austin as we were

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Norma L
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Four night stay. Very comfortable hotel. Nice appearance in lobby, lounging, and breakfast area. Great big screen TV in lounge. VERY friendly front desk staff, like super Texas friendly; being from Los Angeles...it is just a breath of fresh humanity air!!! Two Queen Bed Rooms are comfortable for family of four (two adults, two teenage boys). Nice 42 inch TV with good channels. Bathroom clean and good. Desk for writing or laptop work. Perhaps only short is no real place to put luggage other than on ground. There is a low bench with a soft foam top but wheels on our bag would leave dent so we didn’t use; guess if you have a smooth bottomed suitcase or bag it would be fine. Nice, free Happy Hour Monday to Thursday 5-7pm albeit no drinks for the kids. Pool area comfortable and enjoyable and has a couple gazebo spaces with outdoor TV’s if you fancy. Pool temp great in this sweltering July Austin heat. There is also a jacuzzi. Alcohol and smoking is allowed in pool area but inside hotel it is a non-smoking facility. Pool area has lots of lounge chairs, tables, and a bathroom. No outside shower. Greenbelt behind pool area makes area feel more rural and relaxing. North Austin location is good with close proximity to many restaurants including BBQ, steak house, Mexican, Indian. Close to Lake Travis, about 23 minutes from here. Hotel is located in back of a small strip mall with Costco next door (cheapest gas) and a Wendy’s and a pizzeria in front. On other side of 183 are lots of restaurants too. Parking is free but it is part of the strip mall out front. Overall, we like this place, glad we chose it, and have felt welcomed and comfortable. Would recommend.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

One thing that was totally amazing about this Holiday Inn and suites was the ample parking!!
The staff was very courteous upon arrival and did not announce my floor when directing me to the elevator. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Air conditioning was right on temperature and bathrooms were spotless. The hotel was very easy to get to and we would certainly stay there again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family