“From a sushi fan”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: Northwest Austin
Neighbourhood: Northwest Austin
Reviewed 1 January 2015 via mobile

Not for a foodie. If you are around and I desperate need of a sushi fix....ok. Otherwise do not expect to be overwhelmed. You shall be disappointed. Play it safe.... Look for the specials I the front blackboard and that's it. Rolls are made with no delicacy. Service felt forced (never get welcomed).
Try other places or plenty of sake which is well priced.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went to Sushi Sake 3 nights ago for first time. While I enjoy sushi, I rarely think of it for a meal, but our experience has changed that. The service was quite good, and the information about the different dishes on their extensive menu was fantastic! Cucumber salad with sliced eel was wonderful. The eel and the spicy salmon rolls were yummy. We will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The food was great. The restaurant was beautiful. The price was reasonable. I would love to eat there often, but we don't have it where I live. If I ever go back to Austin, I am definitely going back!

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I usually go out to sushi 2-3 times a month. I came here once a cpl years ago and It was ok so I figured if come back with a friend. The roll selection is ok but nothing too strange. The music is some crappy asian techno pop. There are not many ppl. We sit at the bar. The soy sauce bottles are dirty. Then we notice our bar stool seats are dirty. We move. The miso soup was good. But how hard is miso to make. The chef rolling mats had dried rice stuck to them. The knives looks dirty and overused. And by the way... Wiping a used knife with a dirty bar towell is not cleaning your knife. It's gross. From a distance the place looks ok but up close it looks dingy and filthy.

Reviewed 18 January 2014