“impressive eel sauce”

decent wine list
reasonable prices
......................

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This place looks rather forlorn, all by itself in a partially occupied strip mall behind Marie Callender's but boy is it a gem! Inside it is absolutlely gorgeous. There are about six chairs at a small bar, maybe 20 at the sushi bar and a similar number of tables, all very clean and nicely decorated.

I am used to paying ridiculous high sashimi prices in Las Vegas so when I saw escolar (a Hawaiian white fish) at the Happy hour price of $1.75 I figured what the heck. What I received was a very thick, very fresh and absolutely delicious piece of fish (actually I ordered four). Elsewhere I would have received fish half the thickness and this carried over for the entire sashimi plate which included delicious octopus, salmon, tuna and sea bass. We ordered a couple rolls and the eel roll was fantastic.

Honestly, I haven't had sushi this good since I was in Hawaii last year! Their prices are very low considering the portions you receive. Coupled with a good pint of Sapporo on draft I had a very enjoyable meal with a buddy.

I come to Austin often and will certainly return.

Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere is good. Food is good. Enjoyed all the sushi, but chicken udon wasn't the best I've had. Service was not great. Had to wave down the server for water, extra ginger and check. They weren't that busy so don't know why.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

The sushi was very fresh, and very high quality. If I am in the area again, I would certainly come back here.

Service was good.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Happy hour prices are pretty good. Sushi is good, it is your typical sushi restaurant, nothing too fancy.