“Pay for the name and "high end".”

Sullivan's Steakhouse
Ranked #191 of 4,014 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 3rd Street
Transit: Yes
Reviewed 21 November 2017

A really nice restaurant with a nice selection of steaks and alternatives. I didn't have steak, but the other three with me did. The steaks looked thin and over cooked, but my friends said that tasted good. As expected for a "high end" restaurant the wine was WAY over priced. Unless you really want to impress with the location and atmosphere, you can do better.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We had an impromptu night out and everyone wanted steak so Sullivan’s was the only place with a available reservation at the late notice. We had King crab claws to start off with and they were ok. Disappointed they did not come with anything other than a place with the crab claws. No butter or anything. They were ok but nothing to write home about. We followed up with the specials of the night. Some at the table had the tomahawk ribeye and I went with the bone in filet. The steak was cook perfectly but it was very salty. The others liked their steaks but nothing special. The service was good with the exception anything from the bar. It took awhile to get a drink and even the server suggested to order the next round right the . That was wise as it took us that long to get another drink.

With a city with a quite a few steak house this just does not stand out.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We ordered off of a catering menu. First, we were served cocktails, and I had a rose wine spritzer. The appetizers were an Asian chili calamari, boiled shrimp, and mini lump crab cakes.i enjoyed the calamari that was both sweet and spicy. The crab was chewy and savory. I don't like boiled shrimp, so I passed on it, but my husband liked them especially the homemade cocktail sauce. I had the lobster bisque for my starter. It had a hint of nutmeg and a strong lobster taste. Not really to my liking, but excellent if you like lobster or bisque. For my main course I had the filet mignon done well done. I'm not sure what they marinated the steak in, but it was excellent. The side dishes were served family style. The garlic and horse radish mashed potatoes were perfectly whipped and the spices didn't overpower. The grilled asparagus was done in a butter sauce and crisp but not over cooked. The red wine sautéed mushrooms were very tasty and I usually hate mushrooms. For dessert was bananas foster bread pudding, which had caramel and was chewy and sweet but not overly so.

I have no complaints whatsoever. The meal was quite excellent. I hope to go try some more of the menu at some point. I definitely recommend this place for a romantic evening or a double date.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Had my 5th Anniversary here. We came from Canada so we are no strangers to good steak. Service was great. Had this peanut butter bottom pie for dessert possibly the best dessert I've ever had! Our first steaks came out and my wife's medium filet was almost blue rare my medium rib eye was more like med well, which I didn't care too much about but since my wife's steak had to go back so did mine. Any good restaurant would have brought two fresh steaks and plates. This is what they did, delivered by the manager. It's all about the recovery folks! They did a good job.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Loved our dinner at Sullivan's. Great bar & martini. Steak perfectly cooked and delicious. I had the chili rubbed ribeye.
My date the lobster and filet. Nice wine list. The key lime pie was a nice ending.

Been to Sullivan's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!