“Food was awesome!”

Sullivan's Steakhouse
Ranked #191 of 4,014 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 3rd Street
Transit: Yes
Reviewed 30 May 2017

The food was great. The waitstaff were extremely helpful. Live band that was a little loud but not terrible. I will absolutely be back next time I am in Austin.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

This is an upscale steakhouse with great steak, wine and side dishes. Can't go wrong. It's not Austin style laid back, but it has a real Texas / Dallas vibe. It's not my style exactly- the menu is predictable but very high quality.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Lunch for 5 on a Thursday afternoon. Had a drink at the bar first, unable to transfer the tab to the restaurant / table tab. Rude barman and slow service.
The restaurant was empty and had no atmosphere. Staff were uneducated on the menu, changed their mind twice about what was and wasn't available for lunch.
Grumpy staff and slow service.
Food was ok, boring and basic presentation, definitely not what I would expect for the price tag.
Would not go back or recommend.

1  Thank scalastair
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Took my wife and kids yesterday for Mothers Day. Really disappointing experience. This is not a cheap place, $40 to $50 for a steak without any sides. Food took around 50 mins to arrive and all but my food was cold. This was no surprise to us because we could see three of the meals sitting on a counter for around 10 mins while waiting for the last to be cooked. We sent the cold food back and they each reappeared within a minute, presumably microwaved even though manager assured us they didn't have one. For my sons steak it was supposed to have complimentary sauce, something I had to remind the waitress of, and of course it never arrived. Disgusted with myself for tipping 10%. There were at least three staff to each customer which looking back is not a surprise as obviously the word is out on this place. Why didn't I go to Bobs Chop House around the corner!!

2  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 29 April 2017

We were in town and checked in to the Driskill, we thought we of eating there and noted that a Sullivan's was in Austin. Well, it's not the Sullivan's of Houston! Cold fish and chips, and a cold steak.

We enter the place about 2:00pm after the lunch crowd. Not many people in the joint. The service was slow and the food was arrived cold.

Been to Sullivan's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!