“Step back into time...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 6 May 2016

This place is like stepping back into time. It is a pharmacy as well as a restaraunt. It does not seem like anything has been updated since the 1950s. The restaruant has that old school diner feel to it. There are tables and booths. We sat in a booth for that true retro feel. I can't say it was that comfortable, but it sure was hip.
Our waitress promptly waited on us. Not being too hungry, we passed on a meal. I did order a chocolate malt. It has been many years since I have had a chocolate malt. This one was great. They even gave us the 'extra' in a steel cup. Love it.

While you are there, go outside and check out the mural. It is a great photo op. C

Reviewed 17 January 2016

Stepping back in time…things in this drug store I remember seeing 40 years ago in stores. Still make cokes, shakes the old fashioned way. Tiny little area for seating…great greasy burgers…no fries..just chips. Old Austin…love it.

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

This is the most authentic drug store I have ever been in!! I really adored it!! Even one of the kids working there danced around in the ailes! So neat!! We ordered bacon cheeseburgers and I got a banana malt, it was all so yummy!! I actually wished I would of gotten a bigger burger because it didn't last long :-P I will be back!!

Reviewed 4 May 2015

If you want to be taken back in time to a fifties diner/soda fountain shop in Texas, this is the place for you. Banana splits, malts, rootbeer floats, grilled cheese, burgers... you will be taken back to another era. Food is decent, ambiance is, well, it is what it is!

Reviewed 3 April 2015

Burgers were cooked to order and tasty. I got the single bacon cheeseburger with mayo. My only "beef" with my burger was that they use kraft singles instead of real cheddar. I am not a kraft singles fan. Service can be a little slow but it seemed fine the day I went. If it had gotten much busier, their service would have been worse. Also others think it's really quaint for there to be food service in this 50's pharmacy five and dime. It's not when it seems run down on the inside and if you dine there you can be sitting at a table and at the same time be within arm's reach of the Raid or spray enamel. I say get your food to go instead.

Been to Nau's Enfield Drug? Share your experiences!