“Who Needs To Go Downtown For Happy Hour”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 3,992 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between The Domain and Arboretum
Description: The Roaring Fork captures the spirit of bold American cuisine matched with a contemporary Western ambiance and unmatched service, creating upscale flavors that crackle with a rugged edge. Select from lamb, chicken, beef, pork and fresh fish entrees all perfectly prepared by wood fire rotisserie, open flame grill or wood oven roasting.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Who needs to go downtown for Happy Hour when the Roaring Fork is so close by! After a long day, my wife and I decided to check-out Happy Hour at the Roaring Fork and wahoo! Rita's for $5.50 and Martinis for $5! It has a nice, ahem professional, crowd and we got great service from our waiter.

We had planned a quick stop for cocktails, but we couldn't pass-up the delicious mussels & chorizo appetizer or the underpriced "big a$$" hamburgers. If you've been here you know where I’m coming from and if you haven't, then you need to give it a try.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Near our hotel so we tried it. You'll enjoy the setting and the service was very good and attentive. If you like caesar salad, don't order theirs. You'll be disappointed. My wife had the roast chicken and loved it. Large portion. I had the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. It came out too pink for me so I asked them to cook it a little more. Came out dry. Probably my fault. I just don't care for rare pork due to health concerns. If you are ok with pink pork, then you'd love the dish.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Our party of four had a wonderful dinging experience on the outside dining area. Reasonable priced drinks and wonderful entrees made for a pleasant dining experience. Our party of four had the redfish, fish tacos, pork tenderloin and carnitas. All were judged to be delicious. Dining outside in the spring made for a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve lived in Austin for many years and I’d never been to Roaring Fork. We decided to go for as a family to celebrate new beginnings and Roaring Fork was a perfect place to do it!

Everyone was friendly! The ambience was stylish yet comfortable and the food was perfect!

Between four of us, we had the steak, burgers, trout, creme brûlée, pecan pie and cheesecake. Everything was deliciously prepared and the wait staff was knowledgeable and accommodating. I will definitely return!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

The first menu item: Bad A** Burger. Maybe this is okay for a raffish college bar on 6th street, but not for a nice restaurant in a city with a sophisticated dining scene. The waiter had an air horn voice, and during his introduction/presentation he yelled so loudly that my ears hurt; no exaggeration! He was in a tearing hurry, all the time, and made extremely rude cross-table and across-diner reaches. He dropped flatware. My chicken was not lukewarm, it was stone cold. It was 1-2 days old, or thawed/microwaved. The prosecco was warm and quickly went flat, though the waiter, on request, brought an ice bucket so that the second glass was cold. The cheesecake and strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert were okay. My wife’s salmon entree was hot, and very good. High-priced, and not recommended at all.

1  Thank Michael S