“Bad customer service and terrible room condition.”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park
Ranked #170 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I made reservation for long term stay for my short term consulting role in Austin. I requested for good condition room on second or third floor? However, when I checked in last evening, I was given a room on the first floor in a very bad condition room. I found dead bugs and dead snails on the room carpet, the bathroom floor was dirty, microwave were very old and rusty inside where you can't use it. Dishwasher was old and rusty as well. The fridge vegetable drawer was broken. And adding to this, they didn't have full equipped dishes that they promised and I was thrown at whatever dishes they had and didn't get back for additional things that I requested. The front desk lady was also rude and ask me to find something better if I am not satisfied. Poor customer service. Please find the photos for your reference and all these photos are taken on the day of my arrival.

Extended Stay America promise many good things such as on recently upgraded, renovated, clean place to live. Where are your commitment to your promotion/marketing/ advertisement?

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Buvani, please accept my sincerest apologies for the service and cleanliness issues you encountered while here. I have shared your feedback with my housekeeping team, and we will take the appropriate steps to prevent these issues from happening again. Your concern in regard to service issue has been shared with the appropriate departments to ensure a revisit of our training procedures. We hope you will consider a return visit as we would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This is a dirty, smaller, less equipped ESA Property. As a frequent guest to this chain, the information about this property on the website was deceiving. Having stayed at the SOUTH Property in the same area (2 miles apart from each other), this property did not have full size refrigerators, bath tub (only stall shower), a full vanity sink, and much smaller rooms. The price on the website showed them to be equal. When I asked to move back to the SOUTH property, no one could match the rate I was given and Guest Relations had to put in a request to the Regional Manager Josh. I am still waiting. Suggest you book the South property if you are looking in this area. I will comment the GM Derek for helping as much as he could. But he seems to be limited.

Room Tip: Book the South Property
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future. General Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The bed sheets were not changed. When asked they gave us fresh ones and told us to change on our own.Guests were smoking every where. Garbage was thrown every where in the patking lot.overall not clean hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Krishna, we sincerely apologize for the service and cleanliness issues you encountered during your visit. We have procedures in place, and we are working with our housekeeping department to see where we dropped the ball. It's our goal to provide an excellent customer experience, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to prove this to you on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Ok.. good night sleep clean sheets and blankets i replaced myself before we checked in.the breakfast is grab and go which kinda sucks only hot water and coffee small muffins and granola bars. Nothing hot.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Elena S
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Elena, thank you for choosing to stay at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park. We are pleased you are overall satisfied with your stay, but I am sorry for not meeting your expectations in regard to our grab-and-go breakfast. I have shared your concerns with my food & beverage team for any future changes in our selections. We hope you will consider us again the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stayed the night of 7/26/17. There was no A/C in my room. There is only 1 elevator so it takes forever. There was a dog walking around barking in the hall way of my 3rd floor room. There was trash left the kitchen, hair left in the shower, and stains left in the toilet.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to offer our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. Although we make every effort to be perfect, sometimes we fall short. We will be reviewing our guidelines to provide a better experience for every guest entering our doors. We truly regret the inconvenience caused, and please give us another chance to make it up to you on your next visit to our area.

Travellers also viewed these Austin hotels
Northwest Austin
Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - Capital of Texas Hwy.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Northwest - Research Park? Share your experiences!