“Ride a segway at least once in your lifetime!”
Review of Gliding Revolution

Ride The Segway Austin Tour
Ranked #17 of 98 Tours in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We provide Segway tours of Austin with a focus on fun! Our highly sought after historical guided tours are conducted with Segways after you are comfortable. Each tours begin with a group orientation followed by one-on-one hands on training with the Segway. We were the first Segway tour company to set up shop in Austin back in 2004 and remain the only local Segway tour with a single market focus. Our desire is to conduct safe yet educational experiences for every group no matter how big or small. Our local Austin guides average 5 years experience and truly enjoy showing guests around the city on the Segways. Come experience a memorable tour for yourself!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
“Ride a segway at least once in your lifetime!”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

A great way to spend 2 hours. The segways are a blast to ride and learning about Austin's history was very interesting. One peice of advice: if you do this in the fall or winter be sure to wear gloves.

Providence, Rhode Island
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Fun time”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

A Segway is a near-ideal way to visit a city. You can cover a lot of ground in a short time, and it's highly maneuverable. I took the CIty Tour, and it hit some of the high points of town; I definitely saw more of the city than I otherwise would have.

Downside: It's very expensive. Also, it does take concentration and focus to control the Segway, and especially to stand still. It can be hard to try to listen to the guide, focus on the sights, and control the vehicle all at once. Still, it can be done, and I found it worthwhile overall.

Visited October 2011
Liberty, Texas
124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Great Tour sign up today!”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Janice did a great segway tour today. She did a good job training us and made the tour fun and interesting. This was our second time to Segway, the first in Vale, Colorado. I would suggest everyone try it.

Floyds Knobs, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My sisters and I agree that this Segway tour is Awesome!! We laughed hard, learned lots, and got to meet great people!”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My sister planned the Segway trip for us girls for the first of many adventures in Austin for my bachelorette weekend. Im from Indiana and visited Austin for the week. This tour was so much fun and still has us talking. I was nervous in the beginning but was ready to roll after the initial training provided by the tour guides. I learned lots of information about the history of Austin, and even got to see inside some of the historical buildings. Our tour guide (Jason) was amazing and had us laughing in no time. I will be recommending this trip to everyone and will be doing this again on the next trip. Make sure to get the pictures! I smile everytime I look at them.

Visited September 2011
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“A Memorable Way to Tour Austin-- Do It!”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

This was the first Segway adventure for me and my 23 y.o. son-- we had a ball! Pre-trip "driving" lessons were provided by patient instructors, increasing my comfort level and therefore enjoyment of the trip. The breaks and photo-ops were thoughtful and well-timed. Our guide Evan was knowledgeable about the history of Austin, but his conversation about current culture was welcome as well. I felt that the length and quality of our experience was worth our money and time. Thank you so much, Gliding Revolution staff!

Visited August 2011