All reviews austin airport rental car basic hotel shuttle service comfy bed nice room clean rooms yogurt free breakfast we've stayed starbucks mirror microwave highway
Reviewed 20 April 2017

This was the first time we stayed at this location and we were delighted beyond belief. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfy. Will be staying here every time we go to Austin in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

This is my honest review of my stay at this hotel.

The hotel desk clerk swiped a key card to my room to allow access to the room by 3 strange men within an hour of my arrival. They actually did enter the room. Thank God they were not threat to me, but the situation was very scary and had the potential to be quite dangerous. I don't think the desk clerk understood the seriousness of what he did because when I talked to him, he made excuses for why he was confused. The men were also upset and embarrassed.

The shower area of the room was horrible. The folded bath towel was damp. There were used cloths hanging from the shower rod and numerous hairs in the shower. It was disgusting and I was unable to take a shower in the morning. (I was only in the room briefly before going out to dinner. I returned late, which is why I didn't notice the shower until the next morning.)

When I first entered the hotel, there was a staff member at the desk complaining to the desk clerk about a customer. This was unprofessional and not the way I wish to be greeted when I enter a facility.

It has taken 2 phone calls, an email, and a follow up phone call for me to finally speak to the general manager. He has offered a 20% refund.

The room itself was quite basic, but would have been adequate for my purposes. The shuttle ran well to and from the airport and I appreciated being able to park my car in the hotel parking lot. My flight left too early to eat breakfast.

I will let the reader decide if convenience and budget is worth the risk of an unsafe, unpleasant, and unsanitary experience. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Having a 6 am flight to catch, my daughter and her two sons and I booked a night at the Microtel , partly due to their free airport shuttle service. We had rented a car to visit our relatives in Georgetown, and returned the car to the airport. The shuttle took us to the Microtel.
But when I told the desk clerk we needed to leave for the airport at 4:30 am, we were told their shuttle did not start til 6 am!! I booked their hotel because of the great rate we were quoted on Hotels.com....and now we had to pay $21 to go by taxi to the airport! Another reason we stayed there was their free breakfast. When my friend and I stayed at a Comfort Inn one time and had an early flight, they gave us a bagged breakfast to take along! ..Well, the Microtel breakfast does not open til 6 or 7, and no, they will not give you anything to go. So. breakfast for 4 ran about $30 at the airport. In short, staying at a "reasonable" motel ended up costing us an extra $50! We could have stayed at a nicer motel, with larger rooms and a larger pool, for what we "saved" by booking at microtel. It is partly my fault that I did not ASK what time the shuttle and breakfast started...I guess I just assumed serving an airport would mean they had round-the-clock service. Very disappointed!!!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I had a very pleasant and comfortable stay at the Microtel Inn and Suites in Austin. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo