“Surprisingly good food”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Neighbourhood: South Austin
Neighbourhood: South Austin
Reviewed 29 August 2018

For a hotel bar/restaurant we were very impressed with the options (limited) and quality (quite good). Bartenders were very friendly. We probably spent more time here than we should have.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Loved the sushi tacos, still thinking about them and may travel back to Austin, just to have those. Also had appetizers and it was all delicious.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Had lunch there today during a business trip to Austin. I was skeptical after my last visit in December which was a mess. The burger (a double with bacon and cheese) was cooked just right, good fries, good service too. Maybe it was because it was during the day on a Saturday that I got my food quickly and just right, but for whatever reason, things came out just right on this visit. A nice amenity in the Hyatt for sure.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Checked in last night in Hyatt Regency in Austin. This is place for Barbecue. The day started with heavy duty rain with flash flood warnings. The sky became dark and the limit of visibility shortened. It’s a perfect time for nap under the blanket. We had an important conference that I can not skip. I was exhausted at the end of the day. So tired to go out for a barbecue place. So, Marker 10 is an option. It’s a Sushi place at the hotel. Found a sit at the bar. Omar was making Sushi for the customers. I started with Sunomono , seaweed Salad with cucumber. It was very refreshing. Then I had an Avocado bomb made with half of the avocado with seasoned crab. The sauce was delicious. Omar came from Puerto Rico, we talked about the origin of his first name. His mother used to like the actor Omar Sharif, and he got the first name from him. We talked about the Hurricane Maria that devastated Puerto Rico. He mentioned, power is still not restored in some part of the island. I jumped into the sushi after that. I took Sebastian made with crab and tuna. It was great looking, colorful with flavor. Love it. My next pick was nothing but Tuna ( made with Tuna, spicy tuna, cucumber , spicy mayo, micro cilantro , avocado and sesame glaze). It was phenomenal. Love it. I enjoyed the meal , sharing fun and laughter with Omar. He light up the night with his fun and flavor. Hope to come back in future.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

It has an outside terrace overlooking Ladybird Lake that is very nice---not many people there despite it being SXSW festival. I ate at the bar and received subpar service despite the lack of people. Because it's the Hyatt, prices were high--not unexpected. Fourteen dollars for a small grilled cheese sandwich. I had a side salad crammed into a tiny bowl. I dumped it onto my plate to reveal a nasty hunk of black, slimy lettuce. It was several leaves, not one. It is hard to believe the prep person did not see this. I don't even want to think of biting into that slimy nasty mess. The server witnessed this, but said and did nothing. Needless to say, I could not eat the rest of the salad. There wasn't much to it except a single grape tomato, radish slices, and lettuce.

Sandwich was okay--small and average. Would not recommend this restaurant, especially considering there are so many great places to eat in Austin and food trucks. Don't waste your money here.

Been to Marker 10? Share your experiences!