All reviewscourtyard by marriottfront deskstarbucks coffeeroom was cleaneasy accessshopping and restaurantsbreakfast was includedweekend staynice propertypleasant stayindoor poolupon checklobbyarboretumaboretumhighwaydowntown
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

No complimentary breakfast, the hot water was nonexistent and the shower didnt work properly. Staff was pleasant though. Room was comfy other than the afore mentioned problems with the shower and water. Oh, the housekeeping staff needs to pay more attention as there was a used washcloth drapped across the shower rod when we arrived.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barbaram313
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

My crew of 6 stayed here for one night during Christmas break just to get out of the house for a night. We ended up getting two rooms on the top floor and they were able to put the rooms pretty close to each other, which was fine considering the short notice. The rooms were great, clean and modern with mini fridges and microwaves. The heated pool was great on a cold winter night and having a Starbucks in the lobby was awesome. The staff were very friendly and greeted us with a smile every time we saw them. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay. We are delighted to read that our team as well as our accommodations were able to meet and exceed your expectations. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I found myself having to extend a couple nights in Austin and decided to try Courtyard Austin NW/Arboretum.I must have had the fortune of staying in Austin when the weather changed from pleasant to cold in a matter of 48 hrs. The rooms do not have central HVAC and each room has it's own AC/Heater. This must have been the first time the heater was turned on in this room. You could smell the residual effects of the heater burning to heat up the room. Not very pleasant! I would encourage hotel staff to kick those on for the first time for guests anticipating the oncoming cold weather. Hopefully that helps the smell in the rooms once the heaters need to be turned on. As a Gold member they upgraded me to a larger room which was greatly appreciated. I received an email prior to my check in asking me to call prior to my arrival and to confirm my reservation. Which was odd, as a reward member having a confirmed reservation with a credit card I've never had that happen. So I called like I was asked too, but after being on hold 10 min multiple times I hung up and called back. But 3rd time was a charm. As the email stated, they wanted to confirm my reservation. Again very odd. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. But if I'm planning a stay in Austin again during the cold months I'll pass on this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel in cold weather months
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JG_EDH
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We evacuated Houston due to Hurricane Harvey and drove to Austin to reunite with good friends who were staying at this hotel. When we arrived at this hotel, we learned that they had taken in many Houston evacuees. I was quite emotional as were the staff- I got a huge hug and welcome to the Marriott family! For the kids, Daniel, the hotel GM, set up a movie and game room with free popcorn and other snacks. They also arranged free swim lessons, and provided our son with a swimsuit since he didn't have one. For the adults, Lisa at the Bistro has been serving us free appetizers and discounted drinks with great compassion. The staff at the Courtyard by Marriott NW Austin have been amazing! True examples of hospitality! And the hotel is just lovely too- nicely appointed modern rooms, lots of amenities and convenient location. Thank you, Daniel and Team, for treating us like one of your own. Marriott for life!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Northwest/Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Sue, Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. We appreciate the great review. Positive feedback empowers us. Our staff takes great pride in what they do and I will share this great feedback with them. We are esteemed you had a pleasant stay. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We were just one of many families evacuated from the Houston area because of Hurricane Harvey. We were welcomed here with open arms, and staff members have all been kind, courteous, and incredibly helpful during a very difficult time. The manager has gone out of his way to ensure that we have everything we could possibly need, and all the staff have helped make our stay a relief. They have thought of everything, even set up a game room with a popcorn machine, projector with movies, and games and puzzles for the kids. Today there were even free swim lessons in the pool! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for offering us so much more than simply shelter during the storm. We will never forget the kindness and hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Michelle, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us. I am thrilled you had such a wonderful time! Thank you for recognizing our great staff. I will be sure to let them know that their hard work and efforts did not go unnoticed. Thank you again for your great review. We look forward to serving you during your next stay with us.