“Very Good!”

Catfish Palace
Ranked #30 of 69 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Yes, this place looks like a hole in the wall and it is. But in my experience these are the best places. This place has the best catfish that I have ever eaten. I like how you get a slice of onion with the fish. The coleslaw is also very good. But stick with the fish. Also the main waitress is a character!

Reviewed 20 January 2017

we go there at least once a week,the food and service are great,they have moday thru thurs specials that are a real deal,we love it,

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on our way back from a failed scuba attempt at Athens Scuba park. Food was delicious, our server, was pleasant and courteous, and not overly attentive.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Read all the previous reviews so decided we must try it ourselves. The catfish was cooked perfectly and I had the regular dinner with a baked potato, coleslaw, tomato relish, slice of onion (I don't know why that is there?) hushpuppy and 5 pieces of catfish ($7.99) Hubby had the Fish & fries, coleslaw & hushpuppies, 3 pieces of fish $5.99. The super dinner has 7 pieces of fish & supreme dinner has 9 pieces of fish. The decor is a bit dated but all the tables now have the same cloths, who cares the foods good, not great but good for the price. The server was a delight. Only critique is I've been eating hushpuppies for 62 years and these were tasteless, I believe a true hushpuppie has grated ( so you don't bite into one) onion in them. All you can eat is $11.99 catfish, popcorn shrimp or combination of the two. Yes we'll be back!

1  Thank MaryJo49
Reviewed 4 October 2015

My wife and I paid a visit to the Texas Freshwater Fishery in Athens Texas and found that what was published was true with an extra dose of Southern Hospitality.
The waitress was so sweet she gave us her complete family history, the Good and the Bad. Get The Broiled NOT Fried Catfish, really good. Tomato Relish, Cole Slaw, Hushpuppies all excellent. Very inexpensive. Stay away from the Frog's Legs and Oysters...

1  Thank Barry-1492

Been to Catfish Palace? Share your experiences!