“Lunch”

Catfish Palace
Ranked #43 of 67 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on our way back from a failed scuba attempt at Athens Scuba park. Food was delicious, our server, was pleasant and courteous, and not overly attentive.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Read all the previous reviews so decided we must try it ourselves. The catfish was cooked perfectly and I had the regular dinner with a baked potato, coleslaw, tomato relish, slice of onion (I don't know why that is there?) hushpuppy and 5 pieces of catfish ($7.99) Hubby had the Fish & fries, coleslaw & hushpuppies, 3 pieces of fish $5.99. The super dinner has 7 pieces of fish & supreme dinner has 9 pieces of fish. The decor is a bit dated but all the tables now have the same cloths, who cares the foods good, not great but good for the price. The server was a delight. Only critique is I've been eating hushpuppies for 62 years and these were tasteless, I believe a true hushpuppie has grated ( so you don't bite into one) onion in them. All you can eat is $11.99 catfish, popcorn shrimp or combination of the two. Yes we'll be back!

1  Thank MaryJo49
Reviewed 4 October 2015

My wife and I paid a visit to the Texas Freshwater Fishery in Athens Texas and found that what was published was true with an extra dose of Southern Hospitality.
The waitress was so sweet she gave us her complete family history, the Good and the Bad. Get The Broiled NOT Fried Catfish, really good. Tomato Relish, Cole Slaw, Hushpuppies all excellent. Very inexpensive. Stay away from the Frog's Legs and Oysters...

1  Thank Barry-1492
Reviewed 11 August 2015

The food in itself is really not that bad. They have an All You Can Eat deal for cheap that includes catfish, chicken and shrimp. The decor is "HIDEOUS" Outdated, unmaintained, guest areas so you can just imagine what the kitchen looks like.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

This was our third visit to the Catfish Palace. The first time was more or less by accident. I had a taste for fish and we were going to stop at the Long John Silvers next door, when we decided on the spur of the moment to drive a few feet further and stop here. Boy am I glad we did! The catfish is fresh, the Hush Puppies piping hot and fresh as well. The Cole slaw nice and creamy and the Tomato Relish is out of this world. We will be back again and again!

1  Thank Annegret W

Been to Catfish Palace? Share your experiences!