“Checking on a Tripadvisor Review”
Review of Catfish Palace

Catfish Palace
Ranked #30 of 69 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 4 October 2015

My wife and I paid a visit to the Texas Freshwater Fishery in Athens Texas and found that what was published was true with an extra dose of Southern Hospitality.
The waitress was so sweet she gave us her complete family history, the Good and the Bad. Get The Broiled NOT Fried Catfish, really good. Tomato Relish, Cole Slaw, Hushpuppies all excellent. Very inexpensive. Stay away from the Frog's Legs and Oysters...

1  Thank Barry-1492

Reviewed 11 August 2015

The food in itself is really not that bad. They have an All You Can Eat deal for cheap that includes catfish, chicken and shrimp. The decor is "HIDEOUS" Outdated, unmaintained, guest areas so you can just imagine what the kitchen looks like.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

This was our third visit to the Catfish Palace. The first time was more or less by accident. I had a taste for fish and we were going to stop at the Long John Silvers next door, when we decided on the spur of the moment to drive a few feet further and stop here. Boy am I glad we did! The catfish is fresh, the Hush Puppies piping hot and fresh as well. The Cole slaw nice and creamy and the Tomato Relish is out of this world. We will be back again and again!

1  Thank Annegret W
Reviewed 14 June 2015

My coworker and I had a nice lunch here last week (I had the fried catfish, with french fries and hushpuppies), and the staff is very nice, helpful, and friendly, too.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

The meals are fairly priced, and the Catfish is cooked correctly. Plus they give you more than enough to fill you up. However, the service can be a little slow if they are crowded.

Been to Catfish Palace? Share your experiences!