“Classic, not a chain.”

Candlelite Inn
Ranked #57 of 851 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Steakhouse
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The 5 represents having dined at Candlelite for more than 40 years. Great variety, not fine dining for sure but it just tastes great! I almost always get the bean burrito with guacamole (not traditional guac. it's kind of a thick dressing, yumm!) added to the top. My husband picks between the spaghetti or chopped steak. Chips and salsa are the best. So glad the Petsche family kept the staff and flavor of the old place when they saved the first place in Arlington to serve Pizza! (also fantastic, it's done on beer bread dough) My only complaint is that they don't use real candles anymore. Like I said variety, there is something for everyone! Let the traffic clear out and eat after the game!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Went with some friends who you might call "regulars". They suggested we try the spaghetti for our first meal here. I usually don't order spaghetti at a restaurant because I can make that at home. I'm glad I tried it! Good stuff. Great service. Great old restaurant atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

This is my 3rd time to the Candlelite Inn. The ambiance is really cool because they have been a staple in Arlington since the 50's with great painted murals and the original decor. But they do need to update the restaurant.

Don't expect a fancy restaurant with top notch food or service. We were sat in an old both that was duck taped all across that that would stick to your pants when you sat down. The awesome thing was the table jukebox but unfortunately it was out of order still. The lighting is very dim and hard to read the menu. We were seated and told twice that someone would get our chips and salsa, but finally on the 3rd person got this.

The food.......not the best food but fair for the price that you are paying. I ordered the smothered chicken, baked potato and salad. Smothered chicken breast is pretty bland with cheese, mushrooms and onions melted on top, still leaving the chicken blander than I like it. Don't expect a real salad, you get shredded lettuce from the tacos with some tomato on it. The potato was great to me but my other person's was not completely done. The service was a bit disorganized and slow.

With all that said.....my mother-in-law loves this place because the portions are big enough for her to take a to-go box for the next day. I know this place is a big hit with the elderly crowd. But if you want a nostalgic place for the history, this is the place for you. Worth trying once and see for yourself as you can tell with the different reviews. Again, people have different tastes and that is why there are soooo many restaurants to eat at.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Was back in the area and didn't know The Candlelite Inn had re-opened. Was pleasantly surprised the layout was the same as it was the last time I was there. I've been going there for 33 years Andre the food has not changed a bit! The chips were warm and delicious! Some of the best eve!
It is so nice to find the food was as delicious as always.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The place is cool looking from the outside, but has a weird vibe on inside we can't put our finger on. Maybe it's that the bartenders were a little creepy.

Noted for their big O mug of cold beer which hit the spot.

Food was OK...nothing special. Chips and hot sauce were pretty good.

So 5 for beer. 4 for food and a 2 for weird vibe and creepy bartenders.

Would we go back? Perhaps, but we wouldn't make a special effort.