“Good Asian food ... fast”

Pei Wei Asian Restaurant
Ranked #408 of 922 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 16 March 2017

All the food at Pei Wei I found to be very tasty, although my favorite was removed from the menu. Coconut Thai Curry ... why why why ??? It was soooo good I felt like we had a relationship! So very sorry it's gone.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 22 August 2016

a nice place to go for pretty good asian food. I use the take-out mostly. Not cheap, but not ridiculous either.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Wow! What a disappointment. It had been a long time since I'd been to Pei Wei and now I know why. We went here for dinner because it was close and it isn't one of our regular haunts.
We got a couple of pork egg rolls, my wife got the lettuce wraps and I had the chicken fried rice. The egg rolls were the best part and they were only ok. They were crunchy but the pork was ground too fine so the taste was almost grainy and they weren't rolled tightly enough so they fell apart when I took a bite.
The lettuce wraps are one of my wife's favorite things at P.F. Chang's and they would have been good here if the lettuce leaves weren't about half the size they are at P.F. Chang's and if the filling didn't have burnt chunks of noodles in it.
The chicken fried rice had large chunks of chicken (too large to take in a bite without cutting it up) but the rice wasn't fried. It was soggy and should have been cooked more.
Most of the problems we experienced were, I believe, due to the lack of cooking skills in the kitchen. The ingredients weren't bad but the preparation was awful. Right around the corner is Royal Panda which we love and we won't stray in this part of ten again for Chinese food. And, while I still like P.F. Chang's, we won't be back to Pei Wei; at least not this one!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Most Pei Wei locations are so similar, it's difficult to rate. The best we've been to is in Irving. Better staff, better cook and easy to access. That said, many others pale in comparison.

The food at this location is good Pei Wei fare and worth a visit. What we didn't like was the attention given by the guy that brings the food out. Food comes out in spurts. My sushi roll came out first - no problem. Next was my wife's soup - soup quickly out and hot and tasty. But, he picked up our order number and took it with him with the soup delivery. That's how they find a table to deliver the entrees. The main plates were late and my wife noticed the guy going table to table with two plates and, when he was headed back, she flagged him down and he brought the plates, asking if we were #XX. She said yes but reminded him he had taken the number earlier.

The issue isn't just cold food. The plates were put in front of every other diner there. That's simply a health hazard.

It is the first time that's happened so it was just a lack of attention.

Would I go back? Not to this one but to others, yes.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 27 October 2015

I enjoy Pei Wei; service is usually very fast, food is tasty and well-priced. It is always busy, so I would suggest going a little before or after "normal" mealtimes, just to avoid the rush. There is outside seating, which is my preference. (I can smoke out there)

Date of visit: August 2015