All reviews marriott courtyard room was clean mini fridge nice property staff was friendly road trip desk clerk cadillac ranch sausage lobby wardrobe interstate shape
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Late arrival; solo female; given wrong room number - occupied by a male; very distressing & neither desk personnel were too disturbed by it. They were in state of confusion over keycards and what rooms were occupied. Bathroom floor wasnt clean - had lots of long hair. Sheets were not fresh looking.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Danielle K, Manager at Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Dondra,

I am sorry to hear about your experience, you are absolutely right the error in room key should have not happened and I will be investigating to figure out who was working that day, to make sure that this is an isolated problem for both the key mishandling as well as the housekeeping issues. Please feel free to call if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Quick stop overnight. My advice, like the last few, is skip it. Very dirty. Pool and hot tub are disgusting. Outside area overgrown. Rooms are way overdue for a remodel. Front desk staff unfriendly and not in uniform. Way to many new properties close to deal with this. We are loyal Marriott rewards members and if this is the way Marriott lets it’s properties go downhill then we will leave and go toward Hilton. Let’s keep going, pubic hair at the hot tub. Broken glass at the pool. Stains on the furniture and wallpaper in our room. That’s enough.

Embarrassed customer!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Eric,

I am sorry to hear of your stay during the time you traveled we did have a part go out in the pool, and we are definitely due for a remodel and it is scheduled to happen this year. Please fell free to call and discuss your issues further.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed in this hotel, the couch was so stained I did not want to put my suitcase on it, the floor was sticky, the washer and dryer were out of order, I was skipped twice on cleaning, ice machine was out of order and management would never respond. Only reason I didn't change hotel is because I was sharing a rental car with coworkers. Find another hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Danielle K, AGM at Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

806traveller,

I am sorry to hear of all the issues you had while at the hotel. This is not the normal, If you would like to contact me at the hotel the number is 806-467-8954.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I checked into this hotel and had a problem with my room key. When I checked in I was given two room keys and neither one of them worked on the door. I went to the lobby and waited in line while other people checked in to tell the front desk manager that my room keys did not work. I asked her to check and see if she had given me keys to the right room instead she just made two more keys and said OK and handed them to me. I went back upstairs and neither one of these keys worked either. I went back downstairs and waited in line again and told the front desk manager that these keys didn’t work. She acted like it was my fault and made two new keys and said “I’ll go with.” I told her before we went upstairs I wanted her to check and make sure she had done everything correctly. She refused. I told her I wasn’t going back upstairs until she double checked everything or she could give me a new room. She then said if you’re going to raise your voice you need to leave. I did not raise my voice but iI was upset. I asked to speak to the manager on duty. She told me she was the manager on duty and that if I didn’t leave the hotel she was going to call the police. I left and will never return. This is the worst I have ever been treated at any business in my entire life. I still had to pay for the room because it was past the cancellation deadline.

When I checked into the hotel the same young front desk manager also commented on the size of my calves and asked me if I worked out. I don’t work out but I am overweight. Don’t stay here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul S
Danielle K, Manager at Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Paul S, I am so sorry for your poor experience this is not a normal issue, however I will be looking in to who was working and discussing this with them as it is unacceptable for anyone to be treated in that manner. If you would like to contact me please call the hotel at 806-467-8954. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I noticed the hotel is writing responses to reviews. Perhaps that time would be better spent actually cleaning the rooms. Listen.. if all you want is a place to sleep then this will work. You could, however, find that at one of the 30 or so hotels in Amarillo at a more reasonable price. This place was not clean- spiders everywhere, toenail clippings and hair in the bathroom... our room was clearly just given a quick once over and not really cleaned to an appropriate standard. Luckily I found the bottle of used personal lubricant under the bed before my 2 young kids did. They did have clean sheets on the bed which is the only reason why I didn’t pack everyone up and leave. Won’t stay again and I suggest anyone else reading this look for something else around town, you have lots of options.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Amanda M
textravelerTexas, General Manager at Courtyard Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Amanda M, we do respond to all comments and, your experience is not at all typical! I would love to discuss it further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at 806-467-8954! I apologize for what must have been a horrible evening, it is never our intent to provide this level of service!