“a nice clean room in a great location”

Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing
Ranked #19 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I stayed here on business twice. The facility is new, it is clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was quite large and all foods tasty. The only issue that I had was that on my last stay here, the hotel's computer was «down» so they were unable to locate my reservation which I was totally confused by because I had been there the previous week and they have confirmed my reservation at that time. I was amazed that they did not have any form of back-up for this type of situation.

Room Tip: upper rooms away from the elevators are quietest
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Kat M, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and that we were able to meet your expectations.
I apologize about the computer issues we had. Sometimes our system does not always bring the information up because of the way the reservation was started or because something might have been missed spelled or other small issues. We will make sure things go smoother next time.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We traveled to Amarillo for a wedding. Very nice, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good, the eggs were ok. Especially liked the Texas shaped waffles. Light and fluffy. Staff was helpful and kind. The brief dip in the pool was nice, I wish we had longer to enjoy it. Loved the kitchen! Very clean. The only thing negative was the bathroom was in need of new caulking. Other than that, very nice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us for your Wedding Weekend! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you and your significant other on your next trip.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Staybridge suites is a reliable brand and this property was no different. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and bathrooms and a decent breakfast spread - fruits, milk, cereals, waffles- extremely good value for the money paid. In addition this is at a great location with eating places in the same plaza.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feed back. We love hearing from our guests! I am so happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to see you again on your next trip!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

First thing is I really appreciate the front desk. Very polite, friendly and very willing to help. I give them full marks.

The rooms are nice. A mini studio apartment. Clean and comfortable.

My only complaint, about 9pm we got a call from the front desk. The people below had complained about the noise. I was a bit annoyed by this because we really were not being overly noisy. Walking around, getting our girls ready for bed. So we had to tip toe around to finish getting ready for bed.
About 5:30 in the morning the people above us woke up. It sounded like a gym above us. I imagine they were going through the normal routine of packing and getting ready to leave but it was very loud and woke me and the others up. Every footstep was heard. I could tell exactly where they were in the room above. The place seems to be very lacking in insulation.

Over all I am pleased with the place. I would stay here again should we pass through. I'd just make sure we got the 4th floor.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank senhorpoopypants

Dear Guest,
Thank your for taking the time out to tell us about your stay with us here at Staybridge Suites Western Crossing. We love hearing from our guests. We use feedback like yours to help our team in many different ways.
I do apologize about the noise you experienced in our hotel. This is high travel season and sometimes its hard to control the noise level with a full house. I do hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Location is five stars and after that this place goes downhill ! The rooms are musty and are not clean as well as they should be. I had ants in my room. The carpets are worn. The furniture is dated. The suite I was in was close to the noisy elevator. There is only 1 slow elevator ! The pool is mildew central and disgusting! Breakfast is horrible!! Powdery flavorless eggs! Watery oatmeal ! Apples and bananas that are spoiled! Coffee that tastes watered down.

On the plus side:

Monday thru Wednesday they have a social meal and serve beer and wine 5:30 to 7:30! The salad bar is ok and the meals are a good variety. The staff is courteous. The location is in walking distance to restaurants and a gym! Free laundry is available on site! The beds are comfortable.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
I would find a different hotel in Amarillo on the east side off I 40. There are nice newer hotels. The owner of this hotel owns other properties in Amarillo but seems to have let this place go in favor of some of the other hotels.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We love hearing from our guests. I want to apologize for the condition of the hotel as we are coming up on a new renovation in the next year. This is also a high travel season and sometimes things fall through the cracks. Again I do apologize and hope you will stay with us after our renovation.