“An Evening in Amarillo at #17 on TripAdvisor”

Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing
Ranked #19 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The Location:
The Staybridge is tucked back in niche of commercial land just a block or two off the I-40 corridor. I guess all the I-40 frontage is gone now, so this spot is what was left over, without pushing the hotel out to where all the other hotels are being built on the western edge of Amarillo, before you get to Cadillac Ranch, or the cattle feed lot (poor cows all crammed in that smelly place!!!). There's lots of retail/residential (maybe too much) around this hotel, so restaurant aren't too far away.

The Arrival:
Despite it's hiding place off the freeway, my IPhone GPS found Staybridge.

The 1st Impression:
(Note: You never get a 2nd chance to make a good 1st impression)
We arrived very tired after 6pm, but the desk wasn't sure if the room was cleaned yet. This seemed to create a very frazzled front desk. (short staff issue).
After locating my reservation, they immediately lost it, so they had to re-enter it again, resulting in the longest check-in ever. (Also, if you you're going to need my license plate number, please tell me online...(when I make the reservation), so I don't have to walk out to my car to get it...(I mean..I'm old, I'm tired, and I'm already grumpy, OK?)

The Room:(210):
Clean, spacious, with small kitchen, but with the standard wall unit A/C unit that was the noisiest ever for a newer hotel. Also, thanks for the free popcorn, but the microwave didn't work...Oh, it ran...it just didn't cook. The refrigerator did work, but made funny sounds as if it was having a baby refrigerator. The little kitchen has no drawers, so if you want a spoon or fork, you have to play hide and seek thru the cabinets to find them. Note: All the rooms have door-closers on them that seem to slam the doors shut, so thaey announce whenever anyone on your floor is either coming or going. Not a good thing at 11pm. There was no ice maker in the refrigerator and apparently no ice maker on our floor, so I had to go to the 1st floor kitchen to get ice.

The Breakfast:
Pretty standard fare nowadays for similar hotels, except my milk was lumpy(:(), so no Raisin Bran for me.

Common Areas:
Nice, comfortable furnishings.

Elevators:
Only one, so I don't know how you handle all (4) floors if it gets broken.

The Grounds:
They have a nice covered pool area, and a nice grassy patio area in the rear of the property. They also have a very nice, lush, grassy area for your pets, (but no poop bag dispenser provided).

Room Tip: All the rooms have door-closers that seem to slam the doors, so you are going to hear this no matter...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We love hearing from our guests. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We are working vary hard at fixing those issues. I do hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again on your next trip.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Stayed here twice. Beautiful suite. Walking distance to shops and restaurants. Great dinner at hotel, and good breakfast. Clean. The pool was disgusting due to some hose malfunction. These suites are like having a new two bedroom, two bath apartment.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Kat M, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Hey Robin,
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We love hearing from our guests. So sorry about the pool situations. during our summer moths it is sometimes hard to keep our pool up to snuff with so many people in and out of the hotel. I do hope that we see you and your family on your next trip!

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

All good and quite close to everything. Friendly staff. Upstairs flooring/carpeting new and walls repainted. Pleasant outdoor area however could do with a couple more shady areas, and without the smokers!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 3 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We love hearing from our guests! Thank you so much for your feed back. We use our reviews to help our team grow and make sure our guests have the best experience when they stay with us.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Really liked this hotel. Had nice large rooms, very good hotel staff, and an awesome courtyard. Buuuut, their breakfast. They could not have tried less on their breakfast! I know the eggs are powder eggs but they could have done much better in preparing them. The fruit had to have been just hours from being tossed in the waste basket. One night a dinner the lettuce they served for the salad was about a day past its prime and was wilting and dare I say rotting.
Nice hotel but the food they for the guest left a lot to be desire.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Staybridge Suites AMARILLO-WESTERN CROSSING.

Again, thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 8063679660 or kat@stayihgamarillo.com.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Room was nice size and set up well. Bed was very comfortable. Good location near several restaurants. Front desk was welcoming. We had a few problems though. It appeared they had recently worked on the room. Work dust left in bathroom not cleaned up. Water not turned on in kitchen sink. A/C barely cooled room off. WiFi was terrible. It kept kicking us off. Breakfast was just okay. Texas shaped waffle was cute but everybody wanted one, so there was a line. The breakfast breads were good too. 2 of our milks were sour. The fruit was not good nor the hard boiled eggs. This could have been a better stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 31 May 2017

Dear Guest,
I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not to your expectations. I will personally look into the issues you experienced at our hotel and address them directly. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if you have any other concerns or comments.

Kat Vanderpool