All reviews front desk movie theater full bar western decor free breakfast very nice hotel next morning medical center parking lot road trip santa fe beds were comfortable sausage lobby elevator mirror ihg
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Arrived to the hotel after 10:30 PM. It was difficult to find something to eat within walking distance as the local restaurants were closed. We ended up driving to a nearby restaurant.

The hotel itself is fine. Clean and modern rooms with friendly service. It is situated conveniently off the highway.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Chris R, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

I was part of a large group and we had 10 rooms booked here. I checked in a day before the rest of my group. When I checked in, the front desk staff friendly and welcoming (I checked in after 4p so I am guessing that this was the 2nd shift desk crew). The rest of my group was getting in the next day around 1p. I asked the front desk employee (name withheld) about the possibility of the shuttle picking up my group. She told me that the shuttle was for air crews only and would not pick my group up. This hotel's shuttle was at the airport when my group arrived because an air crew was being picked up. A member of my group approached the shuttle driver and asked about riding in the shuttle since there was room and was told NO, find another way to the hotel. I understand the flight crew taking priority, but why could a few members of my group ride back in the shuttle when there was room for them?

When my group arrived at the hotel, this same front desk employee told them no once is checking in before 3, doesn't matter who the group is...I witnessed her say this. I inquired about luggage storage (since it's mentioned on your website), she rudely pointed to the corner and said over there. Now it's check in time, so my group heads up to the front desk and the same employee announces to everyone in the lobby "I will help anyone that isn't the police." I was beyond flabbergasted and appalled at this comment and it is the very reason that I will not stay at this hotel again.

This is the 3rd time my group has stayed at this hotel and we have never had shuttle issues or encountered the rudeness from the front desk staff before. I spoke with the sales manager that I dealt with for booking the rooms and she was no help. Told me "that's the way it's always been." I cannot speak to what was done the past 2 visits because I was not the one who booked the rooms, I only booked them for this trip.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Chris R, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Close off the freeway, clean up to date rooms, safe area, close to restaurants (at checkin the clerk recommended a place to eat that was still open and even provided a free app coupon) . Fine value. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
PaulCAmarillo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Paul C
GM

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel and good location. The breakfast is not free, the hotel is kept pretty clean but the cleaning solution they use just smelled way too strong. Overall this place is great and I would recommend it to anyone traveling here.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
PaulCAmarillo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Just as an additional note, Holiday Inn is considered a Full Service Hotel, which does not include complimentary breakfast. We hope you will visit us again.
Paul C
GM

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Staff was extremely friendly and the hotel is VERY clean. I even checked a few spots that were not typical daily cleaning areas and it was immaculate.

Two little things did bother me. The staff had a huge bag of chips at the front desk and they were sitting in chairs. It was very awkward especially for a full service property. They were very hospitable though. This would Probably be a Minor issue to most people.

The second issue was the PTAC. It was rather noisy, but It worked very well.

The bed was very comfortable and I can tell they are taking proper care of their linen and terry. Pillows were good. Everything in the room was properly placed. Not even a wrinkle to be found.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Chris R, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Thank you for your review regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn West Medical Center. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you experience during your stay. Also, know that this is not a typical experience for any guest at our hotel. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us and we will use your feedback as a learning tool for our staff. We hope this does not affect your decision of visiting us again in the future. It would be our honor to provide you with superior customer services on your next visit to the Amarillo area.