“Nice and New”

Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 19 January 2012

stayed one night and utilized conference facility for meeting next day. Really nice room, staff very friendly and attentive, great stay overall!

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

tsgc2008 - I am glad that your meeting went well!! We strive to ensure our staff is very friendly and attentive and we appreciate your review of our hotel. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again really soon!!!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Joel Martinez and Carlos Ramirez showed compassion and actually cared for their customers. They gave excellent service and made sure my issues were resolved. They made me feel welcomed and I will definately be coming back here. Thanks guys!!!!

Room Tip: All are nice
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

jamesm425 - I am very happy that Carlos and Joel did an excellent job for you. They are great guys and I really enjoy having them at the hotel. We are excited to have you back at the hotel and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

You know how when you stay at an express-type hotel that you appreciate because you park your own car & get a free quick breakfast, but you miss the amenities of a full-service hotel? And when you're in a full-service hotel, you may have to valet the car and you don't get a fridge in your room and you have to pay for breakfast, but there is a restaurant downstairs available for lunch and dinner? Well you don't have to compromise any more!! At least when your travels take you to Amarillo.

The first thing you need to know about this Holiday Inn is that it's hard to find. Our GPS didn't get us there, but after 2 phone calls to the front desk (yes, write down the hotel phone number when you make your reservation!) we finally found it. But the location itself is great because of its proximity to the movie theater, restaurants & shopping.

The lobby was beautiful and the hallways & rooms had immaculate carpeting & decor. After you pass through the lobby there is a bar/seating area that has one huge screen (which had on a Cowboys football game & several smaller screens that were muted but were showing different Sunday night shows. The restaurant, just off the bar area was very nice. We ordered a club sandwich from the restaurant & took it to our room. How nice to not have to leave the hotel to find a light supper after a long day of driving.

The rooms were decorated with a flair that was both very modern & very Texan. My husband stretched out in the leather chair with ottoman to eat his sandwich & watch the game on the very large, very clear HDTV. The desk was unique because it had 2 levels. Tucked underneath the main desk was a roll-out desk. It was shorter and a better level for using our laptop. If you had a lot of work to do and needed to spread out, this would be the ideal set-up. The wireless internet worked well & a card on the desk gave us the code for it.

Also in the room was a small refrigerator & microwave. The bathroom was nice with great-smelling toiletries & plenty of fluffy towels. The king-sized bed was very comfortable and we slept soundly through a very quiet night. I would have liked a different type of pillow. The pillows had tags that ID'd them as either soft or firm. But I'm kind of hard to please on pillows & I didn't like either. Luckily I travel with my own pillow.

Breakfast the next morning was included with the room price (which was under $100 for a Sunday night at the senior rate). It was buffet, but there was a chef through a window who was cooking it all fresh...plain scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with peppers added, bacon, sausages, biscuits with gravy, pancakes. And even though it was buffet style, there was a waitress who served our orange juice and coffee and brought refills. You could also order from a menu, though I don't know why you would with so many buffet choices available.

It's rare that our travels take us through Amarillo for an overnight stay, but the next time we're there, I already know where we'll be staying.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Grandmartha - You are correct!! It is VERY NICE to stay at a full service hotel with a restaurant and bar in the hotel. It makes travels so much easier when you can get quality food and room service without ever leaving the hotel. Alot of people do not understand the difference between an express hotel and a Holiday Inn. Our breakfast is excellent with freshly cooked products and not "heat and serve" amenities. Our hotel is meant for an experience versus just an overnight stay and leave. I am glad that you not only know, but have also experienced the difference. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!!

Reviewed 6 January 2012

What a great hotel. The staff was friendly, hotel decor was over the top. The resturant was also great. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner rooms. They have big nice windows
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel is the ONLY place I will send my business associates, friends, and family who come to Amarillo. The location is great...next door to a movie theatre and within walking distance of several great restaurants. (Not to mention the bar and restaurant inside the hotel are both exceptional!) I've stayed there myself, and I hold company meetings and dinners in their conference room. The furnishings and decor are great, very clean and modern, and the staff is very accomodating! They are all great, but I make it a point to speak with Asmaa. Also, the pool is perfect for kids! Lots of water features that my kids went crazy for! Love this place!

Room Tip: 3rd floor (I believe, but ask just in case) is generally reserved for business travelers, so there i...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

ChelseyW386 - Thank you for doing business with us. We appreciate hosting your meetings and your guests while they are in town. Asmaa does do an excellent job and I am glad that she handles all of your company's needs. We truly love having you as our guest and can't wait to see you again soon!!