“What a Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 6 January 2012

What a great hotel. The staff was friendly, hotel decor was over the top. The resturant was also great. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner rooms. They have big nice windows
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel is the ONLY place I will send my business associates, friends, and family who come to Amarillo. The location is great...next door to a movie theatre and within walking distance of several great restaurants. (Not to mention the bar and restaurant inside the hotel are both exceptional!) I've stayed there myself, and I hold company meetings and dinners in their conference room. The furnishings and decor are great, very clean and modern, and the staff is very accomodating! They are all great, but I make it a point to speak with Asmaa. Also, the pool is perfect for kids! Lots of water features that my kids went crazy for! Love this place!

Room Tip: 3rd floor (I believe, but ask just in case) is generally reserved for business travelers, so there i...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

ChelseyW386 - Thank you for doing business with us. We appreciate hosting your meetings and your guests while they are in town. Asmaa does do an excellent job and I am glad that she handles all of your company's needs. We truly love having you as our guest and can't wait to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 26 December 2011

One of the best hotels i have stayed at!! Great service, breakfast buffet included in room cost (eggs, pancakes, fresh cut fruit cups to go!), tall texas-sized waterfall in lobby (although we never saw it on), and most inportantly the rooms were spotless and homely. Beds are very comfortable and different selections of pillow comfort!! This hotel was by far the best places we have stayed on our trip!

• Stayed: December 2011
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

BP702 - I am very happy that you enjoyed the hotel and our food. More importantly, I am VERY happy that we were the best place you stayed on your trip. Thank you for the great comments and I hope to have the Waterfall back up and flowing by the time you return. It was great having you and we hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed 20 December 2011

The staff there is the VERY best!!! They make you feel special, they really care about your needs

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Dusty. Thank you for the amazing review. We are working hard to be the BEST place to stay in Amarillo, so it's great that you feel that way. We really do enjoy seeing you. Have a great Holiday with your family and we hope to see you after the new year!!

Reviewed 12 December 2011

This newer Holiday Inn was conveniently located off the highway (although it's oddly located behind restaurants - call and ask for very specific directions, our gps could not get us there). It was clean and had the most beautiful hallway carpets that I've ever noticed in a hotel. There is a full bar and restaurant in the hotel. The included-breakfast buffet is served in a nice dining room. The atmosphere of the entire hotel is very pleasant. The staff is nice and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Wow!! I saw that you have written 68 reviews!!! I am very proud to be at the top of your list!! I really like the carpet too!! I really like how the states of Texas are wrapped in with the large starbursts. Thank you for staying at our hotel and Thank You tons for the great review. I am glad our staff did a wonderful job. Please come again soon!! I hope you and your family have a great Holiday.