“Great place close”

Wonderland Amusement Park
Ranked #17 of 61 things to do in Amarillo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Featuring more than 30 rides, Amarillo's Wonderland Amusement Park has been serving up WOW's for more than 60 years! This family-owned theme park has something for everyone with exciting rides, fun games, great food, mini-golf and more! Be sure to buy online and get express entry into the Park. Wonderland is also a great place to celebrate birthdays and a fun way to treat your employees for a job well done!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We go here yearly with our son... he loves it! Great place to take younger kiddos! They have quite a few rides for the younger kids..

WonderlandPark806, Public Relations Manager at Wonderland Amusement Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you, Dana B for the great review! We really appreciate your continued patronage!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"blast"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Do NOT go if you are expecting Fiesta Texas or Six Flags!
Do go IF you like short lines, family oriented activities, prices that are aligned with what you prefer to do.
There's different pricing for 3 levels. For instance, my husband and I got the middle one because we had no interest in doing the roller coasters. We were content just doing the log ride, the sky tram, the other water ride, bumper cars, skee ball, etc. funnel cakes are reasonably priced. I was a little disappointed to see that the train and ferries wheel were not operating. Being a local it is very nice to have a park of this caliber just minutes away!

Hi, RoadTrip6166! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We sure hate that the Train and Ferris Wheel were undergoing maintenance during your last trip, but are so happy to hear that you had a good time! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Our family likes Wonderland and the kids always want to go back it's much fun.
Not too big either.Always looking for tickets to win to save money but it's not way too expensive and there's enough to do for a day.My favorite ride is the Himalaya that spins around and plays music,they also have arcade games and cotton candy and funnel cakes and more!

Hi debleeann81! Thank you for leaving us a review! We love hearing from our visitors. The Himalaya is actually the most popular ride at the Park so you are in good company! See you soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Rides are way out dated and in need of fixing up, most have been there since I was a kid and that was a longggggg time ago. Way over priced and area that it is in is very bad. If you have nothing else to do and want to ride way over priced out dated rides in a drug infested park, well Wonderland would be right for you.

2  Thank lei0202

Thank you for leaving your feedback lei0202. We are sorry that your experience at Wonderland was less than wonderful. We work hard to add new attractions every year...while keeping everyone's favorite rides from when they were kids. We are located in Thompson Park, which we find to be a very beautiful area of Amarillo.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 August 2017

On my 4th trip down the "Pipeline Plunge", I hit my head inside the ride, resulting in a trip to the ER and over $2,000 in medical bills. I was riding the ride correctly, I am not overweight, do not have a medical condition, etc. (if you will look up their safety history in the news, you will see that they tend to blame the rider). I suspect that the boat I was riding in was not properly inflated. Wonderland Management does not care. THEY DO NOT CARE THAT YOU ARE HURT ON THEIR PROPERTY.

I have been trying to get Wonderland to pay my medical bills for 2 years now to no avail. After I was hurt, we found the manager on duty and she took my information and an incident report (at our request). They never once contacted me to see if I was OK, or offered anything in return (not even a refund of our park admission!). I have since discovered from their insurance company (and I have it in writing) that they do not even carry the type of insurance for medical on their property (called "Premises Medical Payments Coverage"). TripAdvisor won't let me choose a time for August, 2015, so I want to be upfront about when this occurred. I am writing the review now because I got another letter today stating that they will not pay my medical bills. I wanted to give them another chance to do the right thing before I wrote my review. I want to warn people about the safety issues with this park and their management.

Also, their bathrooms were DISGUSTING! No soap, diapers on the floor, they looked like they had not been cleaned in months. They had the old-fashioned kind of water faucets where you have to hold it on to keep the water flowing (not sanitary!)

GO AT YOUR OWN RISK! THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY!

2  Thank Jennifer S

Although your experience was two years ago, we sure appreciate you leaving feedback. The management of Wonderland strives to ensure a safe Park for all to enjoy. We invite all of our guests to find the nearest employee and bring any issues regarding the restroom or other Park areas to our attention.