“Great time with family ”
Review of Wonderland Park

Wonderland Park
Ranked #14 of 61 things to do in Amarillo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For more than 60 years, this whimsical theme park has been thrilling the young and old alike. Includes hair raising roller coaster rides like the Texas Tornado and the Cyclone, plus water slides and a special area with rides for younger children.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My family & I came here on a Saturday - kids were 11,14,17. We had an absolute blast here. No big lines, plenty to do. Lots of rides for littler kids too. Loved the bumper cars!

1  Thank Tarsters
WonderlandPark806, Public Relations Manager at Wonderland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi, Tarsters! We are so glad you and the family were able to experience the WOW's of Wonderland Amusement Park! We hope to see you again soon!

All reviews
"texas"
in 10 reviews
"panhandle"

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I love this little gem in less than an hour away from home. It has rides for everyone and doesn't cost an arm and leg to have fun. My favorite is the water rides but my kids love the mouse trap and Texas tornado. It isn't too crowded and everything is spread out a good distance so it seems like only few people are around. Friday nights are my favorite time to go and enjoy it. I just wish weekday hours were better.

1  Thank Erin W
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Had a great time here, for about 1.5 hours. As a very experienced amusement park visitor I really enjoy the older private parks. Being landlocked there is not much natural beauty here, but the park was clean, safe, and had a nice variety of rides. The wristband price was pretty high, but a younger visitor could have still got their money's worth as most the lines were quite short. I did the general admission and a WOW card and for 30 bucks or so was able to ride everything I wanted. Check it out and help keep smaller parks alive.

1  Thank coaster05
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

For a park that has been around since the 50s, this place is in remarkably good condition! Our family was in Amarillo for two days just to visit this park: we had heard amazing things about it, and I'm a huge coaster nerd so I wanted the "credits" for their four coasters! I got the Ultimate WOW wristband, which allows you unlimited rides on everything and ONE ride on Fantastic Journey, their classic haunted house (the regular wristband lets you ride all but three rides). This park is IMMACULATELY kept for being so old; all the rides are in good working order and have a fresh coat of paint. All the coasters are great, if you like speed and going upside down, Texas Tornado is for you. Mouse Trap, another coaster, has a very surprisingly good first drop. Fantastic Journey was a great classic haunted house, definitely jumped out of my seat a few times! It's really too bad you can only ride it once with the wristband, you will have to pay $4 to ride it again (I did that ;) ). I'm pretty sure it's a capacity issue.
Another great thing about the park: you will not have to wait in any lines. I went on Sunday in July, and the longest I waited for something was 7-10 minutes, and that was only once. Everything else I just got right on. I probably did 30-40 rides in 8 hours.
Probably the only other negative thing I have to say about the park beside only being able to ride the haunted house once is their complete lack of water fountains. Here's a park in the middle of Amarillo with no water that you don't have to buy. Seriously? But overall, me and my family had a fantastic time and would definitely recommend this park to anyone interested.

1  Thank iloveelitchgardens