“Stay Away!”

Ranked #59 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Harrisville, Pennsylvania
“Stay Away!”
Reviewed 28 January 2011

The lobby was beautiful, so I thought the place would be nice. It was cheap and came with a free breakfast. To be fair, the staff told me to check out the room before checking in. I found the room to be ok- not great, but I just needed a room to sleep in for the night and be on my way. The tv did not work in the room--sound- no picture-- that was the least of my problems. My experience was too traumatic to go into detail here, but I feared for my safety all night and did not sleep at all. I would like to have called either the lobby or 911 but the phone did not work. Upon checkout I notified staff of my harrowing experience. The management never responded to my message- maybe they are used to receiving complaints of this nature? or they just don't care. They could not pay ME to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Galveston
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Room was spacious, bed was comfortable enough, cleanliness of room was okay. Full sized coffee pot was a plus for us. Frig was unplugged and warm when we checked in. Glad we didn't need it. Room appearance is dated, and could use a little "prettying up." Egg and sausage breakfast was good and the cook was very friendly. Hotel layout reminds me of an Embassy Suites. Did not use pool, spa, etc. Just need a place to stay while on the road. No problems, just nothing to rave about.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RJ56Mc
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Atrium for visiting - pool, convenient for supervised children (3' to 5' deep), pool table and
games available, small and large meeting rooms for visiting, convenient to restaurants,
great place for family reunions! Motel staff was cordial, and helpful. Great free breakfast
was served. Would recommend to anyone. Not plush, but comfortable. Reasonably priced!

• Stayed September 2010
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 21 September 2010

A musty dated hotel that came with a complete customer service FAIL.

You really do get what you pay for. Which, in our case, was an overnight check-in attendant that would not honor our 3-room reservation. The reservation was made online, and we had confirmed it by calling. We also called 3 times as well that day, since we were arriving very late.

On arrival, she told us she had the reservation, but could not give it to us, and instead, had to create a new reservation, and jacked our rates (from $42 to $60 per room). Also, they did not have the roll-out that we'd asked for in each of the 4 phone calls (which they they told us would be ready).

The attendant proceeded to complain that she'd just been put on nights, as though that excused her failure to be able (or willing) to honor our reservation.

Our expectations weren't high for a $42/night online reservation, but they managed not to meet them. So, take your chances, I guess.

On second thought, just don't.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank scottnaylor

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Johnson City, Texas
Reviewed 1 September 2010

As a deal from Hotwire, we wound up spending the night at the Kiva. The initial reviews I read almost had me backing out, but we stayed anyway. For folks traveling through Amarillo, it isn't a bad place for an overnight stay. Dated and dark (reminds me of hotels as a kid in the 60s), but the rooms are clean, parking is close to the room, and the beds are comfortable and so are the chairs (where my youngest slept). Breakfast is marginal, but otherwise I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family