“No Frills--Not for Prissy Folk”

Kiva Hotel Amarillo
Ranked #62 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

If you can appreciate a hotel that is still standing from the 50's (wow!), then it's worth a stop. My fiancée and I were passing through on a road trip from TN, and reading the reviews made me wary of booking. I'm glad I ignored the negative reviews, though. Yes, the rooms are older and need work. Yes, the lobby is currently being worked on. It is still a beautiful older hotel. If you're okay with an older building and can appreciate it for what it's worth, definitely stop by. We had some Jack & Cokes at the bar, played some pool, slept well, and had a hot shower in the morning. Breakfast was fresh (I've had worse breakfasts from a Ramada!). I can only imagine how regal this hotel was in it's prime. No complaints from us. Staff was VERY friendly! :)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Kiva Hotel Amarillo

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Don't waste your money this place is a dump! The main area has no ac and believe me it's steamy. I felt sorry for the staff. Only one elevator works, the fountain had no water, the hot tub wasn't even there, carpets were filthy, the room key didn't work and I had to call down to the front desk theee times to get a new key and it was given to me by another guest. The rooms curtains were falling off the rods, the sheets were itchy, there was no hair dryer in the room and it took 15 minutes for anyone to bring me one and two calls. The room phone didn't work, the paint was chipping and more things than I can remember needed repairs. I would NEVER stay there again and I would suggest you pass on it

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

They had a huge hole where the hot tub was, and had the hot tub blocking an enterance. When you walk in it looks beautiful but as you look up and around theres alot missing and alot of work to be done. The maintenance man was just disgusting. He was welding (one of the pool doors) while people where in the pool and got mad because we were in the way. And started drama with me and my family. As soon as you walked in you could smell wetness like mold in the making. In the hallway all you could smell was roach spray. DISGUSTING place. No clue how their still open. We were there for about 2-3 hours.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017

The hotel looks like it is being worked on, but buyer beware, although it is cheap, you get what you pay for. The breakfast was powered eggs and greasy super thin bacon, the room was very dirty. The fountain was empty and the spa was filled with dirt.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Travelling through late at night and needed a place to get some sleep. Rooms were pretty cheap so we thought we'd give it a try. The lobby fooled us! The lobby area was pretty nice and the desk clerk was very polite. The rooms, however, just gross. Pick any other place but here. Peeling paint, rust stains, old fixtures, broken lampshades, stained carpet, etc...

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer487
Travellers also viewed these Amarillo hotels
0.4 km away
Days Inn Amarillo East
#36 of 72 in Amarillo
0.5 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Amarillo

Been to Kiva Hotel Amarillo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Kiva Hotel Amarillo

Address: 2501 Ih-40 E, N. Frontage Rd, Amarillo, TX 79104
Region: United States > Texas > Amarillo
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #62 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Price Range: €30 - €41 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Kiva Hotel Amarillo 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kiva Hotel Amarillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Amarillo Kiva Hotel