“Looks Like; Outside: old Gas station, Inside: Western steakhouse”
Review of Cowboy Grill - CLOSED

Cowboy Grill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Description: 432-837-5455
Description: 432-837-5455
Reviewed 15 May 2014

inch thick burgers, hamburger bar for onions, tomato, lettuce, jalapenos, pickles and condiments.
Inexpensive and fresh

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We usually go here for BBQ, and it is quite good, but the Tex-mex dishes are not recommended. They do an excellent job on their brisket and give heaping portions. Their hours have gone a little haywire recently, which is a bummer. Currently they are closed between 2-5pm, Sunday afternoons, and all day Wednesday. When you can catch them open, their BBQ is worth your time. Outside of the place looks a little odd (it used to be a filling station), but the inside is very nicely decorated with old Western odds and ends. Wait staff is very kind and thorough.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Went twice during our week stay in Alpine. Eat meal a delicious BBQ delight. Good service. Friendly staff. Each cold drink is served in Texa-size huge glasses (with free refills). Chips and Salsa immediately brought to table and quickly replenished but save room for great meal that awaits. They have different daily specials. Meatloaf Monday brought a homemade entree that challenges Mom's best. My fav is the double meat platter...for me, brisket and pulled pork dipped in their delicious BBQ sauce. But a close second is their Chicken Fried Chicken--moist with a distinct delectable flavor. Don't want their Jalapeno Cornbread that comes with your platter...then save it for me!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was in town on business and decided to try the food based on other reviews. I travel extensively, so I have eaten in many, many places all over the state. During my stay, my father and I ate there three times. The food and service were excellent. The price was good for the quality and portions served. It was a casual atmosphere where we could relax. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I may be repeating others but don't let the exterior of the restaurant discourage you from a great meal. The chicken fried steak was wonderful. Place was clean & the waitress was bubbly & attentive.